Re-organised the inside of my computer :D what do you think???

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
Before Pix!

DSC00084.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

After Pix!

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

Sorry its just I never actually took the time to organize them this much! I ran the wires through a hole in the case and behind the metal plate. So most of the wires that are connected to the board are running through the back:)

akhilles

Splendid
It's a wonder that Zalman didn't cut the sata cables. Wait a tick. Your Zalman is backward? Drawing air from the back? The fan side should be facing the front of the case, pulling air into the rear exhaust.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
It was facing like that, not anymore because I had another fan before which would suck through the bottom and exit out the front I found out the Zalman was the other way around. It isn't like that anymore so you can take your post about me being noob since ther are fans that suck air front different directions.

So please a little respect (Conumdrum)

Look at the first picture from the After pix and see for yourself the fan isn't pointing the wrong way anymore.

P.s

I had the Cooler Master Turbine Eclipse which draws air fron the bottom and shoots out of the fan:)

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Just saying your a noob at cable management. Spend a while at the links I posted and see what more than a few zip ties will do. You might think it's great. I've seen better and done better. And I wasn't looking at the CPU HS, I was looking at the wires.

Try google for things like 'computer case wire management'?

Aha! Man, I coulda done this....and this.... etc etc.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
I did use zip tags I can't hide the main power cable and the other cables are too short to put through the computer's back...this was the best I could get out of the organisation. If there is something you can do plz enlighten me because I was limited to what you see....

as for seeing a difference. maybe the picks are really bad but I had all the wires coming over the card and over and under...so now I have alot more room and no abstraction of the fans. Cpu dropped from 45-49 to about 32-35. Mb went from 38 to 32-33. so I'm happy with the results

but if you see something wrong tell me what you think...I dont need sites to learn from lol tell me your opinion.

L1qu1d

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
thank you lol it took a long time because I didn't want wires to stretch and become a hazard:) plus I need more room ahah. I might get a capture card and if I have cash this summer another PSU

I think you just have too many cables. Maybe if you took that 9800GX2 and sent it to me... :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, great job. Each progression looked a lot better (looks wise and airflow wise).

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006

Hell I have my computer under my desk and the window faces toward the wall so when I look down all I see is a smooth aluminum case. I suck at cable management but I kinda like all those wires. It makes the computer look much more interesting. :D If I show it to family or friends who know nothing about computers and they see all those wires etc. they are really impressed. ;)

dg6464

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2005
Hehe. Good first attempt at your build. I would recommend tiestraps for next time as they can help tidy the wires a little better. It can take quite a few times to get the hang of wiring your system. Many of the forum members here have been building systems for years, and or have worked for a system builder so they are a bit "Snooty" when it comes to wiring their systems. This is because it comes naturally to them because they have done so many times(and some are just perfectionists). Very good first attempt (after your second correction), and keep at it! I have attached some picsof my rig for your review (nothing special).

DereknewBuild006.jpg

DereknewBuild005.jpg

DereknewBuild004.jpg

DereknewBuild003.jpg

It also takes the right case, matched with the right motherboard connector placement sometimes to achieve perfect "neatness".
Good luck with your next build!

dg6464

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2005

When I show the inside of any of my rigs to my friends or family, they are also very impressed (and it's not messy) :). Generally people that know nothing about computers are just fascinated by all of the chips, and lights.. and just to see the inside of a computer. I find it's easier to explain what certain things are when I don't have to move wires out of the way.

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Okay, someone posted a better wire management pic. Bet you learned already. Those urls I posted have hundreds of wire management pics, build threads, all sorts of things. IF you want to do your own thing fine. Stay in the dark and refuse to learn and expand your horizon..... Have a nice day. Still a 2 on a scale of 10, the other poster gets an 8. Bet he is a member of those other places or has heard of them.....

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006

Ahhh I think I see some dust on your sound card there. Better get out the old dust buster. :D

rickkipp

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2007
For: dg6464. Great wiring on the P182! I'm just at that stage now and researching it. If you can share more with me, please email me:

rickkipp@earthlink.net

P182 case/GByte DS3P mobo/ Xeon 3110/ Xigmatech S-1283 cooler/one Optical/2 HD in middle bay (upper rack)/Mitsumi multi reader & floppy/PC Power & Cooling 610 (sticks out further, but got fan back in place. Questions would be: PSU wires (where'd they go?), 4 pin molex connectors to fans, DVD, HD, etc. I'll have to study your photos more. Thanks!

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
I think the case I have is only air flow orientated...I hate doing cable management on it, its just as bad as my old Antec p900 Case.
Ext64 lol nice try :)HAHA:p. But I do agree with you. I think I do have too many cables. This because I have the Vu and Temp controller at the top of my computer. 2 cd drives 3 hard drives and 1 floppy drive lol
Plus 2 connections for 1 Video card. :( meh lol I guess its going to look even uglier with another 9800 GX2 (if I win the lottery)
:)

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
yeah I'm making a second computer as well.. Dunno what case yet.

CPu: athlon 5000 BE
Video: X1950 Pro (40$ new!!!)
RAm: 2 gigs OCZ platinum (30$)
HDD: 250 gigs (40$)
PSU: Thermaltake 600 Watt
Motherboard: asus M2N-Deleuxe

Monitor: dad's HD Bravia tv (52")

lol kinda wish I had a stronger card than the 1950 pro but meh. Its mainly going to be a surfing computer. and just to play lan games.

I'm going with a microATX case and Mobo, but its going to be a TV/HTPC so it's not going to be super fancy. My build will probably be either a 9100e, 4850e, or a K10 dual along with a 780G Mobo and the rest of the stuff I have already gotten.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
Thats going to be really small! lol I would like to do a microATX setup once. But I don't have the cash and yeah the only reason i'm building a second computer is because I have left over parts.