Sign in with
Your question

Re-organised the inside of my computer :D what do you think???

Last response: in Systems
March 25, 2008 1:27:06 AM

Before Pix!

After Pix!

Sorry its just I never actually took the time to organize them this much! I ran the wires through a hole in the case and behind the metal plate. So most of the wires that are connected to the board are running through the back:) 

March 25, 2008 12:27:59 PM

It's a wonder that Zalman didn't cut the sata cables. Wait a tick. Your Zalman is backward? Drawing air from the back? The fan side should be facing the front of the case, pulling air into the rear exhaust.
Related resources
March 25, 2008 1:32:18 PM

It was facing like that, not anymore because I had another fan before which would suck through the bottom and exit out the front I found out the Zalman was the other way around. It isn't like that anymore so you can take your post about me being noob since ther are fans that suck air front different directions.

So please a little respect (Conumdrum)

Look at the first picture from the After pix and see for yourself the fan isn't pointing the wrong way anymore.

P.s

I had the Cooler Master Turbine Eclipse which draws air fron the bottom and shoots out of the fan:) 
March 25, 2008 1:35:34 PM

I suck at cable management :( 
March 25, 2008 1:59:06 PM

I'm sorry, but I really don't see a difference between the before and after pics.
March 25, 2008 2:05:52 PM

Just saying your a noob at cable management. Spend a while at the links I posted and see what more than a few zip ties will do. You might think it's great. I've seen better and done better. And I wasn't looking at the CPU HS, I was looking at the wires.

Try google for things like 'computer case wire management'?

Aha! Man, I coulda done this....and this.... etc etc.
March 25, 2008 5:11:28 PM

I did use zip tags I can't hide the main power cable and the other cables are too short to put through the computer's back...this was the best I could get out of the organisation. If there is something you can do plz enlighten me because I was limited to what you see....

as for seeing a difference. maybe the picks are really bad but I had all the wires coming over the card and over and under...so now I have alot more room and no abstraction of the fans. Cpu dropped from 45-49 to about 32-35. Mb went from 38 to 32-33. so I'm happy with the results

but if you see something wrong tell me what you think...I dont need sites to learn from lol tell me your opinion.

L1qu1d
March 27, 2008 11:46:38 PM

Well I managed to group the wires more tell me if it looks any better anyways thnx!

Before:

After:

March 28, 2008 12:19:54 AM

I saw the change both times, but the second time, it looks MUCH better. Good job ;) 
March 28, 2008 12:26:26 AM

thank you lol it took a long time because I didn't want wires to stretch and become a hazard:)  plus I need more room ahah. I might get a capture card and if I have cash this summer another PSU
March 28, 2008 12:38:11 AM

I think you just have too many cables. Maybe if you took that 9800GX2 and sent it to me... :lol:  :lol: 

Seriously though, great job. Each progression looked a lot better (looks wise and airflow wise).
March 28, 2008 12:38:31 AM

L1qu1d said:
thank you lol it took a long time because I didn't want wires to stretch and become a hazard:)  plus I need more room ahah. I might get a capture card and if I have cash this summer another PSU

Hell I have my computer under my desk and the window faces toward the wall so when I look down all I see is a smooth aluminum case. I suck at cable management but I kinda like all those wires. It makes the computer look much more interesting. :D  If I show it to family or friends who know nothing about computers and they see all those wires etc. they are really impressed. ;) 
March 28, 2008 12:48:42 AM

Hehe. Good first attempt at your build. I would recommend tiestraps for next time as they can help tidy the wires a little better. It can take quite a few times to get the hang of wiring your system. Many of the forum members here have been building systems for years, and or have worked for a system builder so they are a bit "Snooty" when it comes to wiring their systems. This is because it comes naturally to them because they have done so many times(and some are just perfectionists). Very good first attempt (after your second correction), and keep at it! I have attached some picsof my rig for your review (nothing special).

It also takes the right case, matched with the right motherboard connector placement sometimes to achieve perfect "neatness".
Good luck with your next build!
March 28, 2008 12:55:26 AM

caamsa said:
Hell I have my computer under my desk and the window faces toward the wall so when I look down all I see is a smooth aluminum case. I suck at cable management but I kinda like all those wires. It makes the computer look much more interesting. :D  If I show it to family or friends who know nothing about computers and they see all those wires etc. they are really impressed. ;) 

When I show the inside of any of my rigs to my friends or family, they are also very impressed (and it's not messy) :) . Generally people that know nothing about computers are just fascinated by all of the chips, and lights.. and just to see the inside of a computer. I find it's easier to explain what certain things are when I don't have to move wires out of the way.
March 28, 2008 12:55:32 AM

Nice! Looks like your case helped you out quite a bit though :lol: 

I always wanted to try one of those bottom PSU cases.
March 28, 2008 1:10:12 AM

Okay, someone posted a better wire management pic. Bet you learned already. Those urls I posted have hundreds of wire management pics, build threads, all sorts of things. IF you want to do your own thing fine. Stay in the dark and refuse to learn and expand your horizon..... Have a nice day. Still a 2 on a scale of 10, the other poster gets an 8. Bet he is a member of those other places or has heard of them.....
March 28, 2008 1:33:31 AM

Yea, I'm a hard butt. Sorry. But so many have seen more. become one where you see what you can do. Glad your temps are better, thats a big accomplishment. And thats the best part. But try these other places to see what you could do. And never forget the ultimate mod ever. The DOOM case mod. Be amazed.
http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php...
March 28, 2008 1:34:05 AM

dg6464 said:
When I show the inside of any of my rigs to my friends or family, they are also very impressed (and it's not messy) :) . Generally people that know nothing about computers are just fascinated by all of the chips, and lights.. and just to see the inside of a computer. I find it's easier to explain what certain things are when I don't have to move wires out of the way.

Ahhh I think I see some dust on your sound card there. Better get out the old dust buster. :D 
March 28, 2008 1:36:51 AM

For: dg6464. Great wiring on the P182! I'm just at that stage now and researching it. If you can share more with me, please email me:

rickkipp@earthlink.net

P182 case/GByte DS3P mobo/ Xeon 3110/ Xigmatech S-1283 cooler/one Optical/2 HD in middle bay (upper rack)/Mitsumi multi reader & floppy/PC Power & Cooling 610 (sticks out further, but got fan back in place. Questions would be: PSU wires (where'd they go?), 4 pin molex connectors to fans, DVD, HD, etc. I'll have to study your photos more. Thanks!
March 28, 2008 1:51:47 AM

I think the case I have is only air flow orientated...I hate doing cable management on it, its just as bad as my old Antec p900 Case.
Ext64 lol nice try :) HAHA:p . But I do agree with you. I think I do have too many cables. This because I have the Vu and Temp controller at the top of my computer. 2 cd drives 3 hard drives and 1 floppy drive lol
Plus 2 connections for 1 Video card. :(  meh lol I guess its going to look even uglier with another 9800 GX2 (if I win the lottery)
:) 
March 28, 2008 1:59:06 AM

I might have hope for my next build since it is going to have very few cables (power + a couple of SATAs). It is going to be a really small case though, but I think I can do it.
March 28, 2008 2:09:28 AM

yeah I'm making a second computer as well.. Dunno what case yet.

CPu: athlon 5000 BE
Video: X1950 Pro (40$ new!!!)
RAm: 2 gigs OCZ platinum (30$)
HDD: 250 gigs (40$)
PSU: Thermaltake 600 Watt
Motherboard: asus M2N-Deleuxe

Monitor: dad's HD Bravia tv (52")

lol kinda wish I had a stronger card than the 1950 pro but meh. Its mainly going to be a surfing computer. and just to play lan games.
March 28, 2008 2:12:14 AM

I'm going with a microATX case and Mobo, but its going to be a TV/HTPC so it's not going to be super fancy. My build will probably be either a 9100e, 4850e, or a K10 dual along with a 780G Mobo and the rest of the stuff I have already gotten.
March 28, 2008 2:13:53 AM

Thats going to be really small! lol I would like to do a microATX setup once. But I don't have the cash and yeah the only reason i'm building a second computer is because I have left over parts.
March 28, 2008 2:19:48 AM

I did a build from spare parts about a year ago. I took my old 3800+, its old ram, and one of my old 6800GTs (The other is still just sitting in the closet :cry:  ) along with a Mobo, case, and PSU that came for free with my FX-60. I think the only things I had to buy were fans, a DVD burner, and a Hard Drive. I love putting old parts to use.

I have never tried a microATX build either. I probably wouldn't of except I wanted a super low power build and the 780G fit the build. Since many of those are micro I decided to give it a try. I also found this case which was nice and cheap:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

The whole build (all new) should cost only $400
March 28, 2008 2:33:57 AM

LOL its like a lunch box!!!! ahahah:D  I like it!
a b B Homebuilt system
March 28, 2008 2:39:13 AM

L1qu1d, Looks good enough to me...after all just getting the wires together and back helps air flow....even a cleaner job would not help with the air flow any more....

dg6464, what sata card is that in the top slot?

My cables do not look "nice" but they are out of the air flow path(pushed back into the MB tray and "coiled" on the bottom)...and for me, thats what matters most
March 28, 2008 2:49:12 AM

How many drives are in there nukemaster :ouch: 

You guys make me want to go back and rip apart my FX-60 rig an rewire it. Actually, that sounds like a lot of fun. I guess I do that in May when I get home.

Ja, that case is pretty small. It is also really light weight (they made it out of fairly thin aluminum). Should be fine though as long as I don't abuse or rebuild it too much.
March 28, 2008 2:51:09 AM

I think dg6464 might have a RAID controller, thats prob what that card is.
a b B Homebuilt system
March 28, 2008 3:48:59 AM

Retro, Good link i have posted it in other threads too :) 

L1qu1d, First time i see a Sata(must be raid since there are plenty of ports on the board) card that small, I see IDE too so i am wondering if its a Promise Fasttrack with a different layout.

EXT64, Its 6 drives with a CD top and FDD/card reader bottom. See my info for whats in the system and its rather low power use from what people would guess...
March 28, 2008 4:04:44 AM

lol I want to sell my hd and buy 1 Raptor and 1 TB hd so I can have less cables!
March 28, 2008 4:20:26 AM

good job man! :)  ur doing a better job at wire management than me! haha i still gotta get to it. killer rig specs :) 
March 28, 2008 4:27:01 AM

dg6464 said:
Hehe. Good first attempt at your build. I would recommend tiestraps for next time as they can help tidy the wires a little better. It can take quite a few times to get the hang of wiring your system. Many of the forum members here have been building systems for years, and or have worked for a system builder so they are a bit "Snooty" when it comes to wiring their systems. This is because it comes naturally to them because they have done so many times(and some are just perfectionists). Very good first attempt (after your second correction), and keep at it! I have attached some picsof my rig for your review (nothing special).

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm65/dg6464/DereknewBuild006.jpg
http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm65/dg6464/DereknewBuild005.jpg
http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm65/dg6464/DereknewBuild004.jpg
http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm65/dg6464/DereknewBuild003.jpg

It also takes the right case, matched with the right motherboard connector placement sometimes to achieve perfect "neatness".
Good luck with your next build!

very nice i have this case also and it can be difficult to manage especially making sure the sata wires dont hit the lower fan
March 28, 2008 4:32:28 AM

lol whats up with everyone putting the Zalman coolers crossing airflow?

I'll try to get a few pics of my system up tomorrow sometime to see what you guys think about it.
a b B Homebuilt system
March 28, 2008 6:00:45 AM

lcaley said:
lol whats up with everyone putting the Zalman coolers crossing airflow?

My main exhaust rout is the top 134cfm fan(for a long time i did not even have the rear fan, but i want to make sure the computer does not suck air from that hole and bypass other vents...so in went that fan). Hell with that i can even shut off my fan and still not get much past low 70's(if even that)....

EDIT
Look Ma' no fan. Start fan...end no fan...
March 28, 2008 4:33:22 PM

Oh, ok that makes sense. I'm not sure I would have thought of that..
March 28, 2008 7:46:35 PM

Well i'm not going to have the zalman cooler anymore. I'm ordering a Water kit this weekend. No water cooling for the Video card unfortunately. I also ordered a new Cooler Master Real Power Pro 1250W Power Supply.:)  I want all the power I can get!
a b B Homebuilt system
March 28, 2008 8:05:01 PM

Now thats gonna be allot of power....you should almost(most likley) run the system 3 times over on that..
March 28, 2008 8:09:35 PM

lol I'm hoping so!! Naw I just want to have enough power so that I can be sure that everything runs perfectly with another 9800 Gx2, the water cooling and any other Hard drive I might get.
March 28, 2008 8:46:53 PM

And you claim not to have the cash to make a microATX system :lol: 

I'm pretty sure my whole build will cost less than that watercooling :D 
March 28, 2008 8:48:31 PM

I've finally gotten a chance to get pics of my system. Just like Nukemaster said earlier, the cabling isn't beautiful, but they're out of the airflow, and it looks good from my window, so that's good enough for me lol. You guys have any suggestions?

lol you'll have to excuse the dorm room in the background of the setup... :sarcastic: 
a b B Homebuilt system
March 28, 2008 9:28:28 PM

Cleaner then mine...does your air come in the back and front and go out the psu and side fan? Hows that work for you? How many times a day do you kick your sub with it there :p 
March 28, 2008 9:55:37 PM

lol I actually use it as a "socked foot" foot rest :D 

Air comes in the front 120, goes across the HDD and GFX card, and out the side 120. Then air comes in the 80 in back, through the Zalman, and up through the 80 in the top. The cpu cooler and the psu both get fresh air from the 80 in the back. Seems to work well, even with my OC, my temps are ~30 idle and ~65 load.
a b B Homebuilt system
March 28, 2008 10:30:21 PM

L1qu1d said:
Well i'm not going to have the zalman cooler anymore. I'm ordering a Water kit this weekend. No water cooling for the Video card unfortunately. I also ordered a new Cooler Master Real Power Pro 1250W Power Supply.:)  I want all the power I can get!

Yo do realize you are wasting power, right? Even with 2X2s I say max you would need would be 900W-1kw. And the CoolerMaster is not the best of the brands either. See:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10...
Its ranked Tier 4. I would assume your model is at Tier 3-2.5.
March 29, 2008 3:47:08 AM

meh i can always return it lol. I just don't want to have exchange power supplies again.

:) 
!