write-protected

I want to undo write-protected. I can't save to a disk it says
write-protected ud or change disk. i would like to know how to change so I
can save to disks
4 answers Last reply
More about write protected

    Are you referring to a CD ?

    If yes, the CD should have been closed meaning you can choose to leave the
    leave open to write contents to it or close it when the contents are written.

    Provide some more information on the software you are using to write CDs ?

    If trying using windows xp inbuilt feature: this should help:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305600&sd=tech
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306524&sd=tech
    --
    JonyBrv

    "maggie" wrote:

    > I want to undo write-protected. I can't save to a disk it says
    > write-protected ud or change disk. i would like to know how to change so I
    > can save to disks

    I am using microsoft word and can't save what I have done on a disk because
    it says write-protected

    "Jonybrv" wrote:

    > Are you referring to a CD ?
    >
    > If yes, the CD should have been closed meaning you can choose to leave the
    > leave open to write contents to it or close it when the contents are written.
    >
    > Provide some more information on the software you are using to write CDs ?
    >
    > If trying using windows xp inbuilt feature: this should help:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305600&sd=tech
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306524&sd=tech
    > --
    > JonyBrv
    >

    > "maggie" wrote:
    >
    > > I want to undo write-protected. I can't save to a disk it says
    > > write-protected ud or change disk. i would like to know how to change so I
    > > can save to disks

    What kind of disk?

    "maggie" <maggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am using microsoft word and can't save what I have done on a disk because
    > it says write-protected
    >
    > "Jonybrv" wrote:
    >

    >> Are you referring to a CD ?
    >>
    >> If yes, the CD should have been closed meaning you can choose to leave
    >> the
    >> leave open to write contents to it or close it when the contents are
    >> written.
    >>
    >> Provide some more information on the software you are using to write CDs
    >> ?
    >>
    >> If trying using windows xp inbuilt feature: this should help:
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305600&sd=tech
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306524&sd=tech
    >> --
    >> JonyBrv
    >>

    >> "maggie" wrote:
    >>
    >> > I want to undo write-protected. I can't save to a disk it says
    >> > write-protected ud or change disk. i would like to know how to change
    >> > so I
    >> > can save to disks

    Confusing...
    1. You opened a write-protected Word document and you modified it; thus you
    cannot save with the same file name - since the file is write protected. You
    can save as anothe file name, though.
    2. You try to save to a protected disk - flash w/ protection switch, floppy
    with tab protection... other media that is protected such as a (re)writable
    CD/DVD.
    Michael

    "maggie" <maggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am using microsoft word and can't save what I have done on a disk because
    > it says write-protected
    >
    > "Jonybrv" wrote:
    >

    >> Are you referring to a CD ?
    >>
    >> If yes, the CD should have been closed meaning you can choose to leave
    >> the
    >> leave open to write contents to it or close it when the contents are
    >> written.
    >>
    >> Provide some more information on the software you are using to write CDs
    >> ?
    >>
    >> If trying using windows xp inbuilt feature: this should help:
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305600&sd=tech
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306524&sd=tech
    >> --
    >> JonyBrv
    >>

    >> "maggie" wrote:
    >>
    >> > I want to undo write-protected. I can't save to a disk it says
    >> > write-protected ud or change disk. i would like to know how to change
    >> > so I
    >> > can save to disks

Microsoft Windows XP