write-protected

August 5, 2005 12:31:03 AM

I want to undo write-protected. I can't save to a disk it says
write-protected ud or change disk. i would like to know how to change so I
can save to disks

More about : write protected

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 12:44:13 AM

Are you referring to a CD ?

If yes, the CD should have been closed meaning you can choose to leave the
leave open to write contents to it or close it when the contents are written.

Provide some more information on the software you are using to write CDs ?

If trying using windows xp inbuilt feature: this should help:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305600&sd=tech
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306524&sd=tech
--
JonyBrv

"maggie" wrote:

> I want to undo write-protected. I can't save to a disk it says
> write-protected ud or change disk. i would like to know how to change so I
> can save to disks
August 5, 2005 12:57:14 AM

I am using microsoft word and can't save what I have done on a disk because
it says write-protected

"Jonybrv" wrote:

> Are you referring to a CD ?
>
> If yes, the CD should have been closed meaning you can choose to leave the
> leave open to write contents to it or close it when the contents are written.
>
> Provide some more information on the software you are using to write CDs ?
>
> If trying using windows xp inbuilt feature: this should help:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305600&sd=tech
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306524&sd=tech
> --
> JonyBrv
>

> "maggie" wrote:
>
> > I want to undo write-protected. I can't save to a disk it says
> > write-protected ud or change disk. i would like to know how to change so I
> > can save to disks
Related resources
August 5, 2005 8:03:20 AM

What kind of disk?

"maggie" <maggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using microsoft word and can't save what I have done on a disk because
> it says write-protected
>
> "Jonybrv" wrote:
>

>> Are you referring to a CD ?
>>
>> If yes, the CD should have been closed meaning you can choose to leave
>> the
>> leave open to write contents to it or close it when the contents are
>> written.
>>
>> Provide some more information on the software you are using to write CDs
>> ?
>>
>> If trying using windows xp inbuilt feature: this should help:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305600&sd=tech
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306524&sd=tech
>> --
>> JonyBrv
>>

>> "maggie" wrote:
>>
>> > I want to undo write-protected. I can't save to a disk it says
>> > write-protected ud or change disk. i would like to know how to change
>> > so I
>> > can save to disks
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 12:18:21 AM

Confusing...
1. You opened a write-protected Word document and you modified it; thus you
cannot save with the same file name - since the file is write protected. You
can save as anothe file name, though.
2. You try to save to a protected disk - flash w/ protection switch, floppy
with tab protection... other media that is protected such as a (re)writable
CD/DVD.
Michael

!