Need Help (w/images)

chibanginpr

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
I'm running CPU-Z and i see my core speed is running at 2000 mhz with my E8400 .. shouldnt it be running at 3000 or something like that? Does everything else seem to look ok?

cpuz.jpg

Plus i just upped my DDR2 Voltage to +0.4 to make it crucials 2.2 rating of 4-4-4-12 timing. Doesnt look like its running that CAS in the picture or am i just retarded?

mem.jpg

mem1.jpg

Any help or input is greatly appreciated!

jeremyrailton

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
you'll need to set the memory timings in the BIOS. the processor registers a slower speed because of the speedstep function, which lowers multiplier to save heat and energy when at idle or low loads. if you start orthos you'll see the speed back where it should be.

chibanginpr

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
So should i not worry about disabling speedstep considering while underload the core speed picks up to where it should be?

Also will i notice a significant difference with timings on my ram when upped to 2.2?

Don't worry about disabling Speedstep. You may have to disable C1E also to get the CPU running at 100% all the time.
The purpose of these items is to minimize heat output. Check your temperatures after you disable them. Run Prime95 and record temperature at idle and under max load. It should not exceed 70° under load.
Up the memory voltage and set the memory EPP#1 or EPP#2. These are tested to be okay by the manufacturer.

chibanginpr

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
Thanks guys ... I upped the memory voltage by +0.4 Volts , but how do i set the memory to EPP#1 or EPP#2? Is this automatically set for you?