nikovdh

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
I bought a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131232R )

ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

When I bought it I found out that open box versions don't come with the required
accessories.. so I thought.. well that shouldn't matter, I can download drivers from
the website right?

Do I even need to download anything or will it just know what to do when I install it with
my other parts? I'm thinking I might have to download drivers from the website?

Also, is there any place to buy an SLI BRIDGE since that won't be coming with my open box MB?
I have all the other peices in my computer already so it won't affect me.
Although my current I/O shield peice might not match with thise one.. but I could leave it naked
if I need to.

blacksci

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
Yeah open box is a crap shoot, i suggest you send it back, take the money you spend on it, and go buy some scratch it tickets. There is better way at throwing your money away then buying open box.

nikovdh

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
Ya I was looking around on the search engine and found some open box related topics. I don't feel like
I'll get jipped, I'll just return it if I do.. since I'll know if it works or not right away.

halcyon

Splendid
As long as you're prepared to do an RMA and have time for that process then open-box might be the ticket for some savings. ...but on a motherboard? I'm not sure.

Is it open box because she tried to over clock the **** out of a Celeron and didn't like get the results she wanted, so she sent the motherboard back with a half-blown capacitor? ...not a motherboard I'd want. Food for thought.

nikovdh

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
Thats true. There are a lot of returns that were based on incompatability and lack of updated PC knowledge.. well theres lots of reasons for returns.. I think most reasons would not be the overclocking situation. Its like a box of chocolates actually.