GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L power down issue

esoteric DEP

Distinguished
May 17, 2008
Hello, I'm a new member here and have just put together my first computer. I am using the motherboard referenced in the thread topic along with a Coolermaster 750W PSU, a Q6600 CPU, an NVidia 8800GT (512 MB), and 2GB of Gskill ram.

When I attempt to boot the computer, I obtain video display and I can mess with some of the bios settings, but after about a minute or two, the computer just completely shuts off.

I have attempted to install windows xp, but right after the windows setup begins, the computer will shut itself off. I really hope that one of my parts isn't faulty, but I'm lost as to what would be causing it to shut off automatically.

If anyone can provide insight into why this might be happening, it would definitely be appreciated.

Thanks

pcgamer12

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
get a antec neo he 550w. its a trustable power supply, i had same problem, same mobo, same gpu, same symptoms. boots up for a short time, start install os, shuts down. then later i turn it on, it barely powers fans and video shows up then immediate power down. its the psu unit. get a tried and true powersupply, an antec is what ur looking for. specificly antec neo he. my 430w has 3 16a rails for a total of 48amps which is plenty. im afraid u have a quad core which needs a little more watts then my dual core e4600. get a 550w or whatever is the next tier up. go newegg.com. trust me, its the powersupply, whatelse would cause it to turn off without ur command.