tHIS IS POSTED IN GRAPHIC CARDS, ALSO
I am way beyond my limited knowledge in computers. I was sold a 'white' box" nFORCE 680iLT SLI Motherboard
- Intel Pentium D Dual Core 3.0 GHz Processor
- 2 x 160 GB SATA Hard Drives- 1 GB DDR2 RAM
- DVD +/- RW Dual Layer burner
- Cooler Master X Dream 4 CPU Cooling Fan - Socket 775, Copper Core, Aluminum Fins
- 1 Gbit built in LAN Adapter
- PowerUp Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB and Audio Ports and 450-Watt Power Supply
not knowing it needed a video (duh) and
So, I bought what was recommended: a nVidia 8800GT 5123 MB, then 2 1TB Green WD drives, 2 sticks of 1GB OCZ Reaper ram (had to pull the 1GB that was in the box)
Win XPro doesn't load with the 2 TB drives hooked up and I can't get the video card to do anything but beeeeeep..
Now...I Finally have it up and running with a pci vdeo card, and the 1TB drives unhooked. I have read and read some more with no help in sight about what to do about this video card or drives.
I am guessing that the Video card I bought bare, needs an auxilary power cable, and of course, all I have is the card...I cannot find any installation instructions for this card, so I don't even know what I am missing out of a new box.