Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 3, 2008 11:15:15 PM

tHIS IS POSTED IN GRAPHIC CARDS, ALSO
I am way beyond my limited knowledge in computers. I was sold a 'white' box"
nFORCE 680iLT SLI Motherboard
- Intel Pentium D Dual Core 3.0 GHz Processor
- 2 x 160 GB SATA Hard Drives- 1 GB DDR2 RAM
- DVD +/- RW Dual Layer burner
- Cooler Master X Dream 4 CPU Cooling Fan - Socket 775, Copper Core, Aluminum Fins
- 1 Gbit built in LAN Adapter
- PowerUp Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB and Audio Ports and 450-Watt Power Supply

not knowing it needed a video (duh) and
So, I bought what was recommended: a nVidia 8800GT 5123 MB, then 2 1TB Green WD drives, 2 sticks of 1GB OCZ Reaper ram (had to pull the 1GB that was in the box)

Win XPro doesn't load with the 2 TB drives hooked up and I can't get the video card to do anything but beeeeeep.. :sweat: 

Now...I Finally have it up and running with a pci vdeo card, and the 1TB drives unhooked. I have read and read some more with no help in sight about what to do about this video card or drives.

I am guessing that the Video card I bought bare, needs an auxilary power cable, and of course, all I have is the card...I cannot find any installation instructions for this card, so I don't even know what I am missing out of a new box.

Can some one help me PLEASE???
April 3, 2008 11:29:14 PM

You probably didn't hook up your video card from your Power supply. You need an adapter if you don't have the right wire. Someone can explain this better, I'm not sure how to describe it.
April 3, 2008 11:38:31 PM

I thought I needed an auxiliary power to it, but I haven't been able to find ANY documentation for this card anywhere on the web...I have hunted forums for 2 weeks now, and still no luck.

I hoped I would find someone who know the mobo, psu/case and video card and could tell me what is missing.
Thanks again
Related resources
!