FarCry 2 or Crysis?

ryanthesav

Distinguished
May 27, 2007
Which game do you think will be more playable by the supposed release of farcry 2, which is fall of 2008. What graphics cards are we going to need to play them...three 9800 gx2's four 9800gtx's???

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
Worse graphics, bigger hardware needed to run it. We're not talking about a reputable publisher here, we're talking about Ubisoft, so expect the worst.

pauldh

Illustrious
Crytek are the ones that pushed the beauty limit in farcry and in crysis. I suspect farcry 2 will not push hardware quite as much, but I hope I am wrong. I actually like having games that go beyond what current hardware can do. People complain about crysis, but Farcry and Oblivion did the same to some degree. I say bring it on Ubi; make our jaws drop.

pauldh

Illustrious

Yeah, that's a scary possibility.

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
Mehehehe... possibility? More like a reality... As much as I liked Far Cry, I am already prepared for the worst, so I won't be disappointed when it comes out.

ryanthesav

Distinguished
May 27, 2007
"Farcry 2 is made by ubisoft not crytek." ....When did I ever say anything about that?

Anyway, back to the topic.

I was reading that farcry will be based in Africa, which hopefully means there is no water or alien spacecraft around. The water and the aliens always seemed to give me the most trouble.

spoonboy

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
dude have u not seen the videos yet? check youtube for some gameplay footage from the developer. Looks sweet I say, pitty we have to wait 8 more months for it.

marvelous211

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006

It's not going to be a system killer if it's coming from ubisoft subdivision who made 007 series.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Desert vs Tropical Jungle.

1 tree vs 100 trees.

Just way more to look at in Crysis.

It's also going on the consoles.. so it can't be that hard.

yamahazr

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
far cry use different engine called "dunia" engine which means world.
don't know whether this engine is better than crytek or not

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

So it'll run badly on PC because of console optimization? Bad graphics + bad requirements, got it. :na:

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006

Usually...

Looking forward to those (even though I never like fallout, I did try to play them all..) And Crysis sequel won't be out till late next year anyway. Screw FC2 lol.. never really liked Ubisoft games, except for far cry.

sailer

Splendid

I've bought a few games in the past from Ubisoft. Great visuals, but buggy, slow, unrealistic. I mean, in Silent Hunter 3, it could take 4 torpedoes to sink a PT boat, and up to 7 to sink a small freighter. I've read enough accounts from real u-boat action to know that one torpedo was usually enough to sink a freighter, never mind a flimsy PT boat. And then there were the times when you got sunk the moment a mission started, before leaving port or anything. Like you say, its Ubisoft, so expect the worst. I've learned my lessons and won't repeat the mistake.

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007

Yeah that is the give away that it is going to be on par with Halo2 graphics wise.

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Appearantly you guys haven't checked out any trailers for the game. It has some pretty impressive technology. The world also progresses like it should. There is day and night cycle, which seems pretty cool, and the graphics look nice as well. I like the locale of the game, much more original than anything I've played in a while. Seriously, how many games take place in the African bush?

That being said, it still might be a terrible game, and no telling how it will run.

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007

Haha, I didn't mean it to be bad. It is just that Ubisoft will probably kick out a game that everyone can play rather than having Crysis-like system requirements. Halo2 just came to mind as a good example. [:mousemonkey:3] <- actually, it is Friday and that is what I will be doing in a few short hours! Happy Friday!!!

Any game that takes place in the bush is a winner in my book! :whistle: