Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Vista won't let me open an online .pdf???

Last response: in Windows Vista
April 25, 2012 10:49:00 PM

Vista won't let me open pdf files from emails even though adobe is installed. When I click on open I get a small screen saying that windows media player can't open file. What does windows media have to do with opening written files? I have tried a number of things to no avail including removing windows media from the start up menu.

More about : vista open online pdf

Best solution

April 26, 2012 9:53:27 AM

lonesomewill said:
Vista won't let me open pdf files from emails even though adobe is installed. When I click on open I get a small screen saying that windows media player can't open file. What does windows media have to do with opening written files? I have tried a number of things to no avail including removing windows media from the start up menu.

Did you check file types in folder options to see what program is associated with .pdf files ?
April 26, 2012 1:55:21 PM

ksiemb said:
Did you check file types in folder options to see what program is associated with .pdf files ?

Thankyou whoever you are. I went to folder options and changed the program for pdf. to adobe and it works. I am surprised a computer "expert" I took it to didn't know that. Thanks again.
Score
Related resources
May 3, 2012 2:45:48 AM

Best answer selected by lonesomewill.
Score
May 3, 2012 4:05:03 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!