Need Help, new comp but laggier than previous P4 comp

G

I just recently built a new computer because I was getting tired of my old comp and will be switching to Vista as soon as I have a enough money. My comp worked fine before, for the first 2 days, then completely went to ****. It runs slower than my old P4 comp, especially in games. I can't even run CS Source with more than 10 fps.

M3A32-MVP Deluxe
OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC 4GB Edition
Phenom 9600
HIS HD 3870 IceQ 3 Turbo (Full HD 1080p) HDMI Dual DL-DVI & TV (HDCP) 512MB (256bit) GDDR4 PCIe
2 x WD Raptor 150 GB SATA 1.5
Thermaltake Toughpower 750 Watt (WO116RU)
LG 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor (L196WTQ-BF)
XP Pro

I have not overclocked any components and left everything as is. I have also looked at my power supply and noticed that no where does it say "Quad core support." It only says dual, so I this may be my problem. I might have to buy a new power supply so I have one that supports quad core... Fun... Anyways if anyone else out there has any questions or may have an idea, any help would be appreciated. And all drivers are updated.

My first guess with what he has and what he says he's getting, is a possible viruse or spam crap. Next I would think that the CnQ might be affecting things too. Not 100% sure, but I'd go with the software problems first. Maybe the GPU drivers need to be cleaned out and re-installed or even down graded to an older version too.

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
Any chance you used your old Hard drives without reinstalling Windows? If so thats probably it. If not run memtest on your ram and make sure you have the ram manually set to specifications in the Bios. Your ram my be low on voltage with 4gigs. Try with 2 gigs of ram.