Trouble Installing Windows Vista - Error 0x80070070

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcpro178

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
I'm having a little trouble installing Windows Vista x86 on a logical partition of the primary drive on my multiboot system. Windows 7 x86 and x64 are already installed. I'm trying to install Vista from a bootable USB stick made using the installation ISO downloaded from the MSDN Subscribers website. (The two already installed versions of 7 were downloaded from the same website.)

The installer launches as expected, and I can even select the desired partition for this install. At about 7% of the installation process (copying files), I get this error:

Windows cannot copy files required for installation. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code 0x80070070

I've tried redownloading the ISO image and reloading it onto the bootable USB stick, and I've even scanned the drive for errors. No luck. No errors on the drive. This is a screen capture from my computer's Disk Management utility (Windows 7--default boot):

35a2ark.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/35a2ark.jpg

karlomedallo

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
I experienced the same problem. I think it is related to the image created by USB / DVD Download Tool.

For my solution, I tried burning it to a DVD instead of creating a bootable USB. I downloaded freeisoburner.com, left the "volume" blank, set the speed to 4x, tick the finalize disc option.

Status
Not open for further replies.