How do you Activate CTRL ALT DEL keys in XP

How do you Activate CTRL ALT DEL keys in XP I got a blue screen and it auto boot so fast I could not catch the error,, In the process it some disabled the
three finger salute to bring up my Task manager.

If I could find where in Regedit it is located and what I am to find when normal
would be able to edit it to correct the problem..

Thanks for your time Don.
beansbag@bellsouth.net
3 answers Last reply
More about activate ctrl keys
  1. Next time Windows is running, go to control panel, system, advanced, system failure, and uncheck the box that says "Automatically Restart."
    Next blue-screen you get will stay there. Error info is there.
  2. Thanks for the info. I unchecked the auto reboot.. Now I have to wait for it to Blue screen again. I am not sure what is the cause, but I had pulled a batter out of the lap top .. when it was locked up.. Powered it totally down.. with the battery out and rebooted the machine.. It came up with a flash of a blue screen .. I took it down solid and waited about 5 minutes put the battery back in and powered it up it came up with out any errors. Then when it
    came back up , I wanted to check out what was running in the background with the task manager.. It was not able to pop it up.. Not sure if it clipped the config-file on boot up.. Well I have to find another machine with a lap top
    ACER -1777 and see what it has in the Config-edit and see the values in the Task - Manager.. section or under where they control key functions..

If any one out there could give me more information the correction of this problem I would appreciated it.. DBean
  3. Have a look at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr

Make sure that it is set to 0 (1 disables Task Manager).

But you might like to discover what caused this to happen. Some viruses do this, so a thorough virus scan might be in order if you haven't already done so.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Blue Screen Task Manager Windows XP