Drive Capacity shows old drive's amount??

russap5

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
So I just upgraded from a 120GB drive to a 250GB drive. My university IS center reimaged my harddrive onto the new one, and it still says 111GB for Capacity under disk properties. I used a partition program to expand the primary partition to the full 232GB but it still says 111GB in some places? I tried running Hard Drive Diagnostics in BIOS and chkdsk but no change. Any ideas how I can fix this??

Here is a pic of my Disk Management:
wrongcapacity.jpg

sub mesa

Distinguished
You should not have used that program, go back and re-image your disk so its an exact copy and still has a partition of just 120GB. Then right click that C-partition in the disk manager (the one with the blue bar on top right of the red circle you posted) and it should have an option called Expand. Use this option to use the remaining space on the drive. Maybe that option is greyed out now, but you can try it.

russap5

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I tried the Expand thing before I used the partition program. The option was not there at all before or after. It isn't even grayed out. It is not showing at all.

russap5

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I used EASEUS Partition Master. Here is a screenshot of the program and how it reads now. Is that what you wanted to see?

easeus.jpg

rand_79

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
looks like that program has bugs in it.

not sure what the easiest fix would be.. i'll let someone else type out the book of instructions for you while I think about it.