Question for anyone who has used a D-pad.

Seems to me a D-pad is very useful for four-way movement. I have been
trying a D-pad and enjoying it in Tribes 2.

If you have used a D-pad in Tribes for long enough to become
proficient:
Why are you still using a D-pad?
Why did you stop using a D-pad?

If you haven't, please disregard.

Thanks in advance.
7 answers Last reply
More about question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    John Doe wrote:
    > Seems to me a D-pad is very useful for four-way movement. I have been
    > trying a D-pad and enjoying it in Tribes 2.
    >
    > If you have used a D-pad in Tribes for long enough to become
    > proficient:
    > Why are you still using a D-pad?
    > Why did you stop using a D-pad?
    >
    > If you haven't, please disregard.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    considering you're an ass and probably won't get an answer from the few
    regulars that still frequent this ng, you may want to pursue your
    question at the tribes talk forum @ tribalwar.com
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Tough guy wanna-be, troll.

    Ratz2010 <nospam@all.com> wrote:

    >From: Ratz2010 <nospam@all.com>
    >Newsgroups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes
    >Subject: Re: Question for anyone who has used a D-pad.
    >Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 18:08:04 GMT
    >

    >John Doe wrote:
    >> Seems to me a D-pad is very useful for four-way movement. I have been
    >> trying a D-pad and enjoying it in Tribes 2.
    >>
    >> If you have used a D-pad in Tribes for long enough to become
    >> proficient:
    >> Why are you still using a D-pad?
    >> Why did you stop using a D-pad?
    >>
    >> If you haven't, please disregard.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >
    >considering you're an ass and probably won't get an answer from the
    >few regulars that still frequent this ng, you may want to pursue
    >your question at the tribes talk forum @ tribalwar.com

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    John Doe wrote:
    > Tough guy wanna-be, troll.

    give you a responable course of action and you're still acting like a
    dispshit. troll, yourself.

    *plonk*

    > Ratz2010 <nospam@all.com> wrote:

    <snip>
    >>considering you're an ass and probably won't get an answer from the
    >>few regulars that still frequent this ng, you may want to pursue
    >>your question at the tribes talk forum @ tribalwar.com

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Ratz2010 wrote:

    > btw, any news on Miracle?

    I called her last month. She's still hanging in there.

    --
    Troy
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    John Doe wrote:

    > Seems to me a D-pad is very useful for four-way movement. I have been
    > trying a D-pad and enjoying it in Tribes 2.
    >
    > If you have used a D-pad in Tribes for long enough to become
    > proficient:
    > Why are you still using a D-pad?
    > Why did you stop using a D-pad?

    Why *would* you use a gamepad of any kind? Part of the game is 'twitch',
    which means you need to be able to point your crosshairs at the enemy in
    an instant if you see them.

    How would you do that with a gamepad? Magic?
    --
    Frank
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Frank van Schie <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:
    >John Doe wrote:

    >> If you have used a D-pad in Tribes for long enough to become
    >> proficient:
    >> Why are you still using a D-pad?
    >> Why did you stop using a D-pad?
    >
    >Why *would* you use a gamepad of any kind? Part of the game is
    >'twitch',

    Yup. Fortunately, part of the game is strategy. I really enjoy being
    able to choose my own strategy level. Tribes 2 is less of a mouse
    fight than most real-time strategy (assuming some of the other
    players will take up the twitch intensive operations). And since most
    enjoy mouse slinging, that's easy to assume.

    >which means you need to be able to point your crosshairs
    >at the enemy in an instant if you see them.
    >How would you do that with a gamepad? Magic?

    Do you play Tribes 2?
    Have you ever used a D-pad?
    A D-pad allows easy eight way directional control using only your
    thumb. It is much quicker and easier than using keyboard keys. Your
    other hand operates the mouse. In fact, the ability to quickly aim
    and fire while moving is enhanced by using a D-pad and a mouse.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    John Doe's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
    were:
    > Tough guy wanna-be, troll.

    John, let me help you with something that seems to be alienating you from
    the rest of the group. People who shoot back cutting remarks aren't
    automatically trolls, especially when if you look at previous posts, they
    are generally decent people. Turning around and calling them a troll
    because you don't like the content of their post is actually making you
    the troll since you keep dragging the fighting out, especially with this
    post when you are replying to something that was done 8 days before.
    Simply ignoring the post is the best method.

    A few other things, don't top post, its generally frowned upon because it
    disrupts the flow of conversation and leads to nasty quoting problems.
    Also, don't post the full headers, others don't want to see them. You can
    set Xnews up to display them to just you, so please take advantage of that

Games Video Games