Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Question for anyone who has used a D-pad.

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 2:42:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

Seems to me a D-pad is very useful for four-way movement. I have been
trying a D-pad and enjoying it in Tribes 2.

If you have used a D-pad in Tribes for long enough to become
proficient:
Why are you still using a D-pad?
Why did you stop using a D-pad?

If you haven't, please disregard.

Thanks in advance.

More about : question pad

Anonymous
December 1, 2004 9:08:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

John Doe wrote:
> Seems to me a D-pad is very useful for four-way movement. I have been
> trying a D-pad and enjoying it in Tribes 2.
>
> If you have used a D-pad in Tribes for long enough to become
> proficient:
> Why are you still using a D-pad?
> Why did you stop using a D-pad?
>
> If you haven't, please disregard.
>
> Thanks in advance.

considering you're an ass and probably won't get an answer from the few
regulars that still frequent this ng, you may want to pursue your
question at the tribes talk forum @ tribalwar.com
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 6:54:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

Tough guy wanna-be, troll.

Ratz2010 <nospam@all.com> wrote:

>Path: newssvr11.news.prodigy.com!newsswing.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!newsmst01a.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!atl-c02.usenetserver.com!news.usenetserver.com!peer01.cox.net!cox.net!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!nf3.bellglobal.com!ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca!53ab2750!not-for-mail
>Message-ID: <41AE087E.8010200@all.com>
>From: Ratz2010 <nospam@all.com>
>User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-CA; rv:1.0.2) Gecko/20021120 Netscape/7.01
>X-Accept-Language: en-ca, en
>MIME-Version: 1.0
>Newsgroups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes
>Subject: Re: Question for anyone who has used a D-pad.
>References: <Xns95B23A0557078wisdomfolly@151.164.30.42>
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>Lines: 19
>Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 18:08:04 GMT
>NNTP-Posting-Host: 142.177.110.69
>X-Complaints-To: abuse@aliant.net
>X-Trace: ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca 1101924484 142.177.110.69 (Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:08:04 AST)
>NNTP-Posting-Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:08:04 AST
>Organization: Sympatico-Subscriber
>Xref: newsmst01a.news.prodigy.com alt.games.starsiege.tribes:112879
>
>
>
>John Doe wrote:
>> Seems to me a D-pad is very useful for four-way movement. I have been
>> trying a D-pad and enjoying it in Tribes 2.
>>
>> If you have used a D-pad in Tribes for long enough to become
>> proficient:
>> Why are you still using a D-pad?
>> Why did you stop using a D-pad?
>>
>> If you haven't, please disregard.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
>considering you're an ass and probably won't get an answer from the
>few regulars that still frequent this ng, you may want to pursue
>your question at the tribes talk forum @ tribalwar.com
>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 4:17:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

John Doe wrote:
> Tough guy wanna-be, troll.
>

give you a responable course of action and you're still acting like a
dispshit. troll, yourself.

*plonk*


> Ratz2010 <nospam@all.com> wrote:
>
<snip>
>>considering you're an ass and probably won't get an answer from the
>>few regulars that still frequent this ng, you may want to pursue
>>your question at the tribes talk forum @ tribalwar.com
>>
>>
>>
>
>
December 3, 2004 1:28:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

Ratz2010 wrote:

> btw, any news on Miracle?

I called her last month. She's still hanging in there.

--
Troy
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 1:41:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

John Doe wrote:

> Seems to me a D-pad is very useful for four-way movement. I have been
> trying a D-pad and enjoying it in Tribes 2.
>
> If you have used a D-pad in Tribes for long enough to become
> proficient:
> Why are you still using a D-pad?
> Why did you stop using a D-pad?

Why *would* you use a gamepad of any kind? Part of the game is 'twitch',
which means you need to be able to point your crosshairs at the enemy in
an instant if you see them.

How would you do that with a gamepad? Magic?
--
Frank
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 9:42:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

Frank van Schie <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:
>John Doe wrote:

>> If you have used a D-pad in Tribes for long enough to become
>> proficient:
>> Why are you still using a D-pad?
>> Why did you stop using a D-pad?
>
>Why *would* you use a gamepad of any kind? Part of the game is
>'twitch',

Yup. Fortunately, part of the game is strategy. I really enjoy being
able to choose my own strategy level. Tribes 2 is less of a mouse
fight than most real-time strategy (assuming some of the other
players will take up the twitch intensive operations). And since most
enjoy mouse slinging, that's easy to assume.

>which means you need to be able to point your crosshairs
>at the enemy in an instant if you see them.
>How would you do that with a gamepad? Magic?

Do you play Tribes 2?
Have you ever used a D-pad?
A D-pad allows easy eight way directional control using only your
thumb. It is much quicker and easier than using keyboard keys. Your
other hand operates the mouse. In fact, the ability to quickly aim
and fire while moving is enhanced by using a D-pad and a mouse.
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 3:19:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

John Doe's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> Tough guy wanna-be, troll.

John, let me help you with something that seems to be alienating you from
the rest of the group. People who shoot back cutting remarks aren't
automatically trolls, especially when if you look at previous posts, they
are generally decent people. Turning around and calling them a troll
because you don't like the content of their post is actually making you
the troll since you keep dragging the fighting out, especially with this
post when you are replying to something that was done 8 days before.
Simply ignoring the post is the best method.

A few other things, don't top post, its generally frowned upon because it
disrupts the flow of conversation and leads to nasty quoting problems.
Also, don't post the full headers, others don't want to see them. You can
set Xnews up to display them to just you, so please take advantage of that
!