Pendrive can't be detected

Tags:
  • Flash Media
  • Sony
  • Pendrive
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
May 16, 2009 1:33:31 AM

hi there, I have this sony 2gb pendrive which recently was given to me as a present. I have been using it for several times before suddenly my pc can't detect it and error "usb device not recognize...." appears. It also can't be detectable on other pc's. I think there is no problem with my pc since it can detect my other pendrives. Do u guys have any solution for this?

More about : pendrive detected

May 22, 2009 4:27:42 PM

razor52 said:
hi there, I have this sony 2gb pendrive which recently was given to me as a present. I have been using it for several times before suddenly my pc can't detect it and error "usb device not recognize...." appears. It also can't be detectable on other pc's. I think there is no problem with my pc since it can detect my other pendrives. Do u guys have any solution for this?

The problem is probably within the pen drive, and it may well be a short or open circuit. You can certainly get it checked by a technician, likely for free, but if they want to charge you, I suggest you discard it and put the money on a new one.

I had this happen when my USB connector on the computer somehow malfunctioned. I'm still wondering if I can resurrect the USB drive. But your computer seems to see other USB drives and devices so its not your USB connector.
!