monkeybrain

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
Thanks for trying to help...but it isn't system restore...it was system RECOVERY.
I used restore many times, and undid a couple...and I used recovery once and it did not delete all of my files and bookmarks. I don't know why it went wrong this time!
I am thinking of taking a sledge hammer to my pc! THAT would fix the problem! ;-(

Actually... a "sledge hammer" is not necessary...

If you read my post below, realizing I have no mercy on hackers, you'll see a two-pound hammer is quite sufficient. :lol:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/249841-45-hack-syskey

I'll be thinking about your problem for a couple hours.. maybe think/remember something to help.

I agree and vote aford10 to be the best answer (well, after mine dealing with the hacker).

This program does what several pay programs do. My only advice in using this program is that you don't install anything more in your computer... nothing, no drivers, nothing means nothing.

If you can remove this drive and run it in another machine as a data drive, that has recuva installed, your chances of recovering are greatly improved. These programs do not re-activate files on the same drive, they copy them out to another drive. If you do this using another computer, you'll have that computers HDD to copy to. When all is well, and your Windows Xp is functioning properly, you can copy the files back to original drive.

Good luck.

monkeybrain

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
Thanks for the help. I bought and installed some new programs to fix my pc. It is working better now than it has in a while, however, I still have not been able to get back my personal files. I will try a couple of the suggestions given here, and get back to you. Thanks again for trying to help.