Hybrid Crossfire?!?!

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
i was very interested in the performance of the 780G motherboard and HD3450 offer so much for so little cost.is

anyone feeling optimistic about it?i would love it if any owner have the setup and give some views on it!

G

The HD3450 works fine in Hybrid Crossfire with the ones I have tested (780G and 790GX based motherboards). Some older applications can have some flashing visual anomallies, but Crossfire is easily turned off (and usually not needed) for those applications. Surround view must be enabled in the BIOS for it to work.

The gain is minimal in XP, but more substantial in Vista. I did also get it working in Window 7, but have not yet benchmarked the gain. To use it in XP the driver must be recent (about 4th quarter 2008 or newer). I am using Catalyst 9.3 to run it in Windows 7 (although Windows 7 doesn't officially support Hybrid Crossfire).

The gain is quite noticable, but even overclocked with Hybrid Crossfire running it still falls a little short of the performance of a HD3650 alone.