Sign in with
Your question

Optimal resolution notification on my windows xp

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
August 5, 2010 12:37:40 PM

hi everybody..
i am using 1360*768 screen resolution. but still getting the message like
"This is not a optimal screen resolution for the primary display device" while playing pinball game.
...plz anyone can help me..
August 5, 2010 2:40:34 PM

Can't really tell without knowing what your system is like, list what you are using please.

Offhand I'd say this message is not from the computer but from the monitor. Go into it's settings and look for a feature called something like "resolution warning" and turn it off.
m
l
Anonymous
August 8, 2010 3:28:35 AM

i am using Intel Pentium, 2 GB ram, 500 GB hard disk & my monitor is LG FLATRON W1943C
m
l
August 8, 2010 4:05:37 AM

Quote:
hi everybody..
i am using 1360*768 screen resolution. but still getting the message like
"This is not a optimal screen resolution for the primary display device" while playing pinball game.
...plz anyone can help me..

Some games cannot re-size themselves to fill your screen at the resolution you have it set to.
They will run as a small box in the center of your screen, or will force your video to the resolution and color depth that they run at in at full-screen, using their resolution figures because they have firmly mapped every pixel of the game area and this is not a value that can be altered.

Some of them do stretch to fill the screen, but these are older games and the super-fast machines we take for granted today didn't exist back when those games were made. They cry to have the resolution set down to 800x600 (or lower) and only 16 or 256 colors as to not bog-down the systems (of the time).

You might try manually lowering your resolution and see if the game will accept the change.
m
l
!