nasrhussein

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
hi first i want to say thank you verey much for your help and i reed a lot of your answwer and its really help i do have a little problem with a scond sata hdd it work fine and it show when i open copmuter but if i want to save some files or pictures i can't fined it on the list(when i click on send to) it dose not show did i hooked it up to the wrong header can you help please

sub mesa

Distinguished
Go to disk management and see if your disk displays there (Start -> right click My Computer -> click Manage -> in the new window that opens click Disk Management).

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
My guess is you installed the new hard drive in your machine but did nothing else. Now you cannot see it at all in "MY Computer". To get it ready to use, you have to do Partition and Format operations on it using tools in Disk Management. See my post in this thread elsewhere in this forum:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/249943-32-level-formated-hard-disk-drive-isnt-recognizable-restart

It starts out with a question about re-using an older 80 GB drive, so ignore the first paragraph and follow the sequence on on how to prepare ANY new empty drive for use in Windows.

TRENDING THREADS