Sysocmgr exe keeps running same install

cyber-servant

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
I tried uninstalling IIS using Windows Component Wizard. Now every time I try to use the wizard, it says that it is configuring IIS. I think there may be missing files causing it to hang, but don't know how to identify them. I changed the sysoc.inf but all that did was hide the iis entry and didn't stop it from running. I replaced the sysocmgr.exe, but it made no difference. I want to reinstall IIS, but am not able to do that until sysocmgr works right. Can't install or uninstall any other Windows components either. Using an OEM so don't have an install disk for XP.

cyber-servant

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
Yes. Rebooted several times. Used Taskmanager to force the wizard closed. Tried checking/unchecking the iis components and other Windows options. Always starts running the IIS configuration instead, but hangs. Left it overnight to see if it was just slow, but no difference.

lazyperson17

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
hmmm, so its stuck in memory... Download and install Cclaner. Try running the Registry tool. ( www.download.com/ccleaner ) (i have the program myself so i can vouch for its security)

If that doesnt help, go to download.com and install Advanced System Care (i have the program myself, so i can vouch for its security). Run that program at least 2 times, or until there are no errors found anywhere.