Recover Corrupt Folders on Hard Disk

ponyboy_nd

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
Hello,

I've recently come across some corrupt data on my hard drive. My hard drive is not failing, that I know of, I unplugged it from another machine that is having problems and plugged it into a newer desktop (SATA drive) and the drive shows a healthy and online status in Disk Management. I can access the drive through windows explorer, but when I browse to two different folders it says something along the lines of "Data is corrupt". The rest of the folders on the drive seem to be fine. I really need to recover the data from one of the folders as it stores a bunch of our family pictures and it went corrupt before I had a chance to backup the most recent batch of new pictures.

What I'm doing now is running check disk on the drive with both options selected. I'm hoping this will work. Is this the first step I should take to try and retrieving the data? If not, is there other software I should be using to retrieve this corrupt data?

Thanks for any help!

There are many, based on file type eg:
DOC Regenerator for Microsoft Word documents

XLS Regenerator for Microsoft Excel Files

Outlook Express Repair for emails from Outlook Express

Flash Recovery for image files

Music Recovery for audio files such as MP3, WMA and RA

CD & Recovery for files burned on one of those mediums

Partition Recovery or FAT Recovery for fixing corrupted files in removable memory such as flash drive, memory stick or pen memory having a FAT or FAT32 format
I would search recovery for your specific file type of the pics