Sign in with
Your question

Is this card any good?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 6, 2008 10:33:23 PM

Hey there,

Just come across this;

INNO3D GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB DDR3 PCI-E, HDTV, Dual DVI £152.74
http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID...

It seems very cheap, is it a good deal or am i missing something?

Cheers,

Rob

More about : card good

April 6, 2008 10:59:25 PM

Sorry,

Meant to ask about INNO3D in general as well. I have never really heard of them.

Rob
a b U Graphics card
April 6, 2008 11:31:42 PM

The card is good but I can't comment on the brand.
Related resources
April 6, 2008 11:54:54 PM

It's a reference design so it should be OK, but I don't think you get the support and warranty that you get with the 'premium' brands like XFX and eVGA.

I think they're popular in Asia but don't have the presence in Europe for after-sales.

So if things do go wrong, you may have problems, but I could be wrong. I've always had XFX and have always been happy.

Anyone else here vouch for Inno3d products?
April 6, 2008 11:58:24 PM

yeah i have that card in my rig.running at 782/1914/1053 overclock everyday with fan speed at 65%
April 7, 2008 8:29:10 AM

Cheers for the info guys.

I am already pushing my budget with this card so cannot really go for a 'premium' brand. The extra £30-40 really will make the missus too unhappy!!

So i guess it is either this Inno3d 8800GTS 512 or a 3870xt.
April 7, 2008 9:24:44 AM

go ahead and get it, the 8800GTS 512 is a really good card... or you could do what i do sometimes and if im considering an unfamiliar brand i'll just call the tech support number listed and feel out the operator by asking some generic questions about how long the warranty is and how the RMA process works, you can usually get a good feel about the competence of a company that way.
April 7, 2008 9:29:20 AM

^agreed. call them, n c how they reply to u.
April 7, 2008 9:52:42 AM

Sounds good - now why didnt i think of that????

Will give them a call later, but will more than likely go for it anyway.

Thanks for your help fellas
April 7, 2008 2:39:00 PM

It looks a good card at a nice price. I havn't heard too much from them, but give it a try, they havn't got a reputation for being bad. It's a good price for that card, have a gamble.
April 7, 2008 7:41:48 PM

robjackson said:
So i guess it is either this Inno3d 8800GTS 512 or a 3870xt.

In that case get the GTS
April 7, 2008 8:01:26 PM

I prefer BFG over any brand, I never had problems witht hem. I had problems with Evga, 2 dead cards in a row. XFX also a good company:) 
April 7, 2008 8:56:59 PM

It really shouldn't be much of an issue, you're really not going to get the best known brands at that price. I've had a biref 15 minute search and not found much in the way of bad reviews or negative feed back (other than general things) from Inno3D. Besides, if you really don't want it, you can go either way, get an 8800GT (they're as little as £120 now from good brands) or pay £10-20 on a better known brand, like this one;

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4V39&Cat...
April 7, 2008 9:04:39 PM

Well i have ordered the gts by inno3d. Like Two Bit Hit i had a good search online for reviews and didnt find anything bad, in fact their 8800GT seems to have had a few decent reviews on some hardware sites.

When it comes ill post back and let any interested parties know how its going.

Cheers.
April 7, 2008 9:57:57 PM

robjackson said:
Well i have ordered the gts by inno3d. Like Two Bit Hit i had a good search online for reviews and didnt find anything bad, in fact their 8800GT seems to have had a few decent reviews on some hardware sites.

When it comes ill post back and let any interested parties know how its going.

Cheers.

You won't be disappointed.

Generally the extra cost isn't because of higher build quality but because of the extra support staff they place in their preferred markets.

A lot of American posters here like eVGA because of their step up program and because they are based in California and therefore have a home grown tech support.

XFX have a strong presence in Europe and have support offices in UK, Holland, Germany, Sweden, Spain and Portugal with full addresses. They only have 1 office in Canada for the whole of North America.

Other companies tend to have limited offices in these areas and maybe just have a contact number.

!