Almost ready to order first build - quick sanity check.

ninwbhaugg

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2008
This is my ocd thread making sure everything looks alright :p

This is my first time building, and I plan on doing tons of gaming, and some video editing as well.

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=5750625

Couple of notes:
-I'm going to buy a Q9450 from another site, since newegg is sold out
-And I will most likely be using EVGA's step-up program for the card when 9800GTX's arrive. Then in the future perhaps add another for SLI (Trying to be future proof here :p)

Let me know what you guys think!

beurling

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
i wouldn't advise the step up to the 9800GTX since it is, for the sake of argument, practically identical.. If you look at the specs, it isn't any better than an 8800GTS, they basically just changed the name of it. Also, with a couple clicks of your mouse in Rivatuner, your 8800GTS will be running faster than a 9800GTX. Just a thought, but you should really hold out on the step-up until nvidia actually makes something new instead of re-branding technology that's already out.

Build looks good though.

ninwbhaugg

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2008
Alright then, I'll probably just buy one 8800GTS for now, and wait for a price drop when they release more 9800's. Thanks for the help!

boonality

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2008
That looks real good, personally though I don't like the case. I am considering a very similar build and think I may go with the CM 690 case. But I also really like the Lian Li A70, but it's a little pricey compared to the one you selected.

TRENDING THREADS