Triple-Boot from 3 Hard Drives?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
At present, I am dual-booting from 2 HDDs; one with the original installation of 32bit XP Pro SP3 and one with 32bit Vista Home Premium SP1. I would like to add a 3rd HDD, install 64bit Vista Home Premium on it and triple boot between the three OSs.

(1) Can this even be done? And...
(2) If so, will the new OS installation handle this chore itself, or am I getting into more complicated territory?

leon2006

Distinguished
Acronis DISK DIRECTOR will enable you to do this...It has an OS-SELECTOR feature. At boot time you can select which OS to start. It can be from same drive or different drive.

I have a dual boot on my setup from 2 different drive. One for Vista-64 ultimate and the other one for LINUX.

Installation should not be problem. You just select the drive that you want to install 64-bit vista Premium.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Thank you. I am a user of Acronis True Image Home and quite satisfied with that product. I will give the Acronis pgm you suggest some research. But how will that work with my present dual boot arrangement where drive 0 (XP) holds the MBR? Does Acronis Disk Director replace Window's dual-boot selection screen I see when I boot up?