Heads Up! post by GotMilk? on TW GD

/quote - GotMilk?

12-09-2004, 06:15 PM

So we here at GarageGames are getting ready to release our next game, and I
think it will appeal to some of you. It's called Zap! - a 2D vector graphics
multiplayer team action strategy game that plays like a cross between
Robotron and Tribes with the graphical blend of Asteroids and Pac-Man. As a
2D game Zap can be played with keyboard+mouse or (recommended) a dual-analog
gamepad. Zap has several game types, including CTF, Zone Control, Retrieve,
Soccer, Hunters and Rabbit, and it supports familiar features like
hierarchal V-menu chat and recorded voice.

What we need is some help -- we're independent developers (now), which means
no access to big server farms, QA departments and beta testing groups. We're
planning on shipping on Tuesday, and we'd really like to do an open beta
over the weekend to turn up any last-minute bugs, as well as get player
feedback. We're going to be adding a lot of cool stuff to the game over the
next few months, so we hope you'll give it a shot. Check
http://www.zapthegame.com on Friday (12/10/04) for the beta build.

Also, we'd really be very grateful to anyone who is willing to host a
dedicated server through the launch time. We'll have a dedicated linux
server executable, along with the regular Win32 and OS X builds.

Hope to see you online,
- Mark Frohnmayer

/end quote

/quote - GotMilk?
12-10-2004, 05:25 PM

The download will weigh in at a hefty 556k. And it should play fine over a
56k modem, but we've not tested it in that form, so be sure to let us know.

/end quote

he's released the linux server binary so far you can get it here:
http://www.zapthegame.com/zap-1.5.0rc2-x86linux.tar.gz

the thread is stickied on 1st page of general discussion if you want to
follow along.

ratz2010

"Ratz2010" <nospam@all.com> wrote in message
> /quote - GotMilk?
> [snip et cetera]

This game is crazy.

Crazy fun.

Ratz2010 wrote:

> /quote - GotMilk?
>
> 12-09-2004, 06:15 PM

I prefer Subspace, for the Newtonian physics.

Still, neat little project, works well