whats your memory w/ GIGABYTE GA-EP35C-DS3R LGA 775

jerb

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
I have just purchased this board and 2xgig's of Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800 ram.

I have heard of alot of people having a hard time with using this ram with various Gigabyte mobo's.

Just curious if any one here uses this same combo im planning on using and there experiences with it.

Thank you,

~Jerb

branflaks8

Distinguished
May 2, 2008
A friend of mine had a GA-P35C-DS3R and had nothing but problems with the Ballistix. I also have a GA-P35-DS3R and had similar issues.

I changed to Kingston PC2-8500 HyperX and haven't had a problem since.

Just my 2 cents...

jerb

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007

Thats just what i was afraid of:(

well all i can do is hope my set up will work, if not i think my mem after rebate is 25$, so if i have too ill just try a different memory.

The weird thing is Crucial Ballistix is on gigabytes QVL, (so i have read) so i dont get why all the problems with it.

I am hoping to hear from some one with the same combo i have, and have them tell me they have had it working:)

jerb

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
Orpheous, thank u for posting the information for me.

I had already visited Gigabytes web site and looked at that exact info on the QVL and lucky lucky me my Crucial Ballistixx DDR2 800 is listed on there with the exact model number:)

So accordingly my memory should work (should...... hehe).

Orpheous

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
You're welcome jerb :)

One of my PC's has the previous version of that board in it, a GA-P35C-DS3R rev 1.1. When I built it, the QVL sheet didn't mention the A-DATA RAM that I intended to use in it. Luckily it worked without a problem! Grateful for the boards co-operation, I emailed Gigabyte and let them know the RAM details and that it worked ok. The next day they changed the QVL to include my A-DATA chips.

Let us, and them know if you have any problems getting your RAM to work mate ;)
Good luck!

jerb

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
Hey good news:)

Got my my new system up and running no problems whats so ever w/using my Crucial Ballistix ddr2 800.

on top of that i have my e8400 OC'd to 3.6 Prime 95 stable did a 13 hour test.

So, no1 fret about using this memory with the mobo:)