XP in Chinese?

I am currently using XP.

My friend met someone who had a "Chinese" version of XP.
Everything in Windows was in chinese, and when the person used yahoo
messager, they typed in chinese.

But, if they press "CTRL-Space Bar" it would allow them to type in
English.

Would I have the same capabilities with regular windows xp? (if Yes,
how do I set this up)

Or do I need to buy some kind of software to do this?

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about chinese

    Not if you don't speak/write chinese.
    Michael

    <tforms1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I am currently using XP.
    >
    > My friend met someone who had a "Chinese" version of XP.
    > Everything in Windows was in chinese, and when the person used yahoo
    > messager, they typed in chinese.
    >
    > But, if they press "CTRL-Space Bar" it would allow them to type in
    > English.
    >
    > Would I have the same capabilities with regular windows xp? (if Yes,
    > how do I set this up)
    >
    > Or do I need to buy some kind of software to do this?
    >
    > Thanks

    hi
    you need to purchase a mui in chinese (disk set 1)
    please look at :
    http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/drintl/columns/012/default.mspx#Q1
    --
    Very Warm Regards
    Haim Lazarovitch

    "tforms1@yahoo.com" wrote:

    > I am currently using XP.
    >
    > My friend met someone who had a "Chinese" version of XP.
    > Everything in Windows was in chinese, and when the person used yahoo
    > messager, they typed in chinese.
    >
    > But, if they press "CTRL-Space Bar" it would allow them to type in
    > English.
    >
    > Would I have the same capabilities with regular windows xp? (if Yes,
    > how do I set this up)
    >
    > Or do I need to buy some kind of software to do this?
    >
    > Thanks

    > For the average consumer the only way to display the GUI in another language
    > is to purchase Windows in that language and perform a clean installation or
    > dual boot.

    Ok, thats to display the GUI in chinese.

    But what about typing in Chinese for instant messager?

    On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 10:31:23 +0100, Haim Lazarovitch wrote
    (in article <8BE1F514-249B-4CA5-962B-E79DF98C1DFD@microsoft.com>):

    > hi
    > you need to purchase a mui in chinese (disk set 1)
    > please look at :
    > http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/drintl/columns/012/default.mspx#Q1

    Sorry, but you are misleading the OP. MUIs are *NOT* available to the general
    populace. They are available only to companies with Open or Volume licensing
    agreements.

    >> For the average consumer the only way to display the GUI in another
    >> language
    >> is to purchase Windows in that language and perform a clean installation
    >> or
    >> dual boot.
    >
    > Ok, thats to display the GUI in chinese.
    >
    > But what about typing in Chinese for instant messager?

    Have you looked at the "Region & Language" options in the Control Panel - it
    appears to let you choose languages for the keyboard but I have not tried
    it.

Windows XP Microsoft Software