I am currently using XP.

My friend met someone who had a "Chinese" version of XP.
Everything in Windows was in chinese, and when the person used yahoo
messager, they typed in chinese.

But, if they press "CTRL-Space Bar" it would allow them to type in
English.

Would I have the same capabilities with regular windows xp? (if Yes,
how do I set this up)

Or do I need to buy some kind of software to do this?

Thanks

Not if you don't speak/write chinese.
Michael

<tforms1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am currently using XP.
>
> My friend met someone who had a "Chinese" version of XP.
> Everything in Windows was in chinese, and when the person used yahoo
> messager, they typed in chinese.
>
> But, if they press "CTRL-Space Bar" it would allow them to type in
> English.
>
> Would I have the same capabilities with regular windows xp? (if Yes,
> how do I set this up)
>
> Or do I need to buy some kind of software to do this?
>
> Thanks

hi
you need to purchase a mui in chinese (disk set 1)
please look at :
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/drintl/columns/012/default.mspx#Q1
--
Very Warm Regards
Haim Lazarovitch

"tforms1@yahoo.com" wrote:

> I am currently using XP.
>
> My friend met someone who had a "Chinese" version of XP.
> Everything in Windows was in chinese, and when the person used yahoo
> messager, they typed in chinese.
>
> But, if they press "CTRL-Space Bar" it would allow them to type in
> English.
>
> Would I have the same capabilities with regular windows xp? (if Yes,
> how do I set this up)
>
> Or do I need to buy some kind of software to do this?
>
> Thanks

> For the average consumer the only way to display the GUI in another language
> is to purchase Windows in that language and perform a clean installation or
> dual boot.

Ok, thats to display the GUI in chinese.

But what about typing in Chinese for instant messager?

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 10:31:23 +0100, Haim Lazarovitch wrote
(in article <8BE1F514-249B-4CA5-962B-E79DF98C1DFD@microsoft.com>):

> hi
> you need to purchase a mui in chinese (disk set 1)
> please look at :
> http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/drintl/columns/012/default.mspx#Q1

Sorry, but you are misleading the OP. MUIs are *NOT* available to the general
populace. They are available only to companies with Open or Volume licensing
agreements.

>> For the average consumer the only way to display the GUI in another
>> language
>> is to purchase Windows in that language and perform a clean installation
>> or
>> dual boot.
>
> Ok, thats to display the GUI in chinese.
>
> But what about typing in Chinese for instant messager?

Have you looked at the "Region & Language" options in the Control Panel - it
appears to let you choose languages for the keyboard but I have not tried
it.