is Patriot pc6400 2.0v runnin at 2.1v ok?

50bmg

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
I recently OC'd my e7200 to 3.8Ghz by OCing my fsb to 400Mhz FSB. It automatically bumped up voltages.

Is Patriot pc6400 2.0v runnin at 2.1v ok?

Should i or can lower that to 2v?

Better to set the voltages manually. Software may cause higher voltages than necessary.
Your Patriot voltage is still within norm. If you can lower it and maintain the overclock great. Same applies to CPU.
You are runmning at a strap point. Better to run at 395 or 405.

Kari

Splendid
wow indeed , that has to be some sort of error, I bet there isn't a board on the market that can supply so high voltages to memory...

But yeah, it's better to set those voltages manually and test how low you can go while still stable
use prime95 and memtest86+ or something similar to really test it... (edit: check the stickies at the overclocking section of the forums for a good OC guide)

50bmg

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
thanks. I have read the stickies, i will manually set those voltages and i will run prime95. I was going to run prime95 when i got home anyways. for sure now.

If it did hit 4v for more than a milisecond, i am lucky i didnt lose my RAM.

I didnt manually set the voltages, because they looked good after the OC. I assumed auto voltage setting would be a fixed auto setting not dynamic.

Kari

Splendid
do couple of memtest86+ runs too to be sure the ram really is stable. Though it is looking good so far... but 3dmark wont use anywhere near 4 gigs so there still might be some 'weak spots' somewhere