Computer runs okay, just can't download anything

Nikkirt

Honorable
May 11, 2012
I'm not sure whats going on with my computer. It started a couple days ago, I'd search something on google and the results would show but when I clicked a link I'd be redirected to random pages. There was a weird process running at the times this was happening. A rundll32.dll process that the command line showed was coming from an AOL OCP folder in my appdata. I don't have AOL on this computer. I shut down the process and deleted the AOL folder and that seems to have cleared up THAT particular problem.

I'm not sure if its related to the above but now my computer refuses to download anything or start any of my progrmas on my computer. I can't run a virus scan with AVG because when I click it, it won't start. I can't download ad aware because it won't download. I've tried getting hitman pro, malwarebytes....nothing will download to run. I used another computer to burn the AVG rescue disk and ran it, it located multiple trojans and I had it rename them but still nothing will download and most of my programs won't load!!

Please tell me I'm not going to have to completely wipe the system? Is there ANY thing else I can try??

Try your downloads (MBAM etc and running in Safe Mode with networking.
Download RKILL from www.bleepingcomputer.com, run that, then run all your scans. Run RKILL and Repeat all scans in normal mode

Nikkirt

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Everything is the same in Safe Mode. Nothing will run, nothing will install. I tried all the different RKill types and none of those will download or run either.

Thanks for the reply. I'm copying my music and pictures to a flash drive now and I guess I'm just going to do a complete system recovery.