Which is better?????

hughyhunter

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Alright... Have no synthetic benchmarks to see which is better so need everyones expert opinion.

Recently I have done quite some overclocking to the memory. The only way I can get er stable with 1T timings is with the timings 4-4-4-15. I have OCZ reaper pc6400 2X2GB kit... the kit that comes stock timings 4-4-4-15. I'm not interested with going above the 2.2v factory warranted voltage so that's my limit.
My question. I can get with 2T command rate down to 4-3-3-12. Which is better? The 4-4-4-15-1T or the 4-3-3-12-2T???

williamleja

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2008
I would stick to 4-4-4-15-1T. Mainly because between the two timings the CAS latency does not change from 4. Blacksci is right though. You probably won't get more than a frame or two in games. Tasks that are memory intensive like Photoshop would probably appreciate the quicker command rate. Not all the much though in my experience. Don't lose too much sleep over this.

William

hughyhunter

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007

:D

I figured... Just very interested in overclocking the crap out of the memory right now. This used to be a huge topic in 939 socket days. Back when FX 55 and 2x512 of ddr400 was the fastest rig on the earth. Overclocking memory back then was hailed upon. Trying to run super tight timings and keep the frequ at 400mhz.

You both are right though! What am I gonna gain!? Probably nothing! Just wanted to stir up a bag of worms for the enthused to argue over! :kaola:

williamleja

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2008

Eh who cares what you may gain. At least you can say you found the limit of your memory. I always favored tighter timings over higher frequencies. I am not sure who told me that timings were more important, but I am sure there is another person who says higher frequencies are better. I suppose you can't win.

I am no enthusiast so I am not going to argue with anyone. I just figured I would give my opinion. No cockfights involving me. Sorry. :D

Take Care,

William

hughyhunter

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007

Darn!

I do like the tighter timings... Feel like it's snappier in Windows! But then again how can you really tell?