CPU Multiplier Stuck need help

homer419

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
Hi all my Multiplier is stuck at 6x on my Evga 750i FTW, q6600 GO.

It shows up in the bios and when the bios loads that it is running at 9x 2.4ghz.

But when i get into windows xp pro sp2 everest and cpuz shows 6x at 1.6 ghz.

I have Phoenis award Bios, and just flashed to Z13. Z14 stucked couldn't get all cores to show.
Intel speed step is disabled....

I can increase the FSB but even if i change the multi in the bios it still shows 6x in the OS and cpuz/everest.

Ive tried swaping ram sticks reseting the bios and everything but reformatting without any luck

Thanks for the help

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
HEYYYYYYY MODDS? Can we get a SPEEDSTEP STICKY already?

@OP its called speedstep. Its normal. You can turn it off if you want but it will make your cpu run max when idleing, thus keeping your idle temp hotter.

Did you notice when you made the thread, it says have you tried a search? Next time try it. Its amazing how it works.

C1E is the multiplier setting, and EIST is the Frequency setting I believe.

smartel7070

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
This is what happens when nobody reads their f****** manual :non:
Or are too lazy to use a search engine :heink: . They just come in places like this and expect someone else to figure out their problems for them :sleep: .

And this is only gonna get worse as there are more and more n00bs like this who are joining the enthusiast scene ...... They should all buy Dell's and call their tech support with questions like this :pt1cable: