badly stucked one core running at 2.4ghz and other at 1.53ghz..help!!!

ayushp13

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
hello friends...this is very urgent...please help..
i am using gigabyte ga-945gm-s2 motherboard.yesterday i tried my hands on overclocking after reading this article http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclocking-software,2059.html.i am still a newbie to this.i downloaded setfsb and without knowing anything about pll version i messed up my default motherboard frequencies i.e, with other motherboard's pll version.now the problem is iam using c2d e6600 and its one core is running at 2.4ghz and the other is running at 1.53ghz.i am going mad at this..i tried everything like clearing the cmos and everything but nothing worked.then i opened my case checked out my pll version and noted it down then again i booted up my machine and ran setfsb to select the correct pll version but what the hell...my particular motherboard pll version was not found in the latest version of setfsb..!!i am badly stucked here...do any one has some idea for what i should do to get my both cores of e6600 run at 2.4ghz...my pll version is ics954201BFLF.i am going mad at this and i will never touch setfsb... :fou:

daskrabbe

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
Are you sure it is not just speedstep? Make sure you're running something that is using all cores (like prime95) and use z cpu to check the freqs.

Reset the cmos and go from there

BTW its PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO INDEPENDENTLY SET THE CORE SPEEDS OF A CORE 2 SERIES CPU

first cpu to do it was the AMD Phenom X4, and now the Intel Core i7 etc