tryinghard

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2007
Hi everyone!

My passion for overclocking has one again risen.
Currently I'm running my system at a shy 4037 mhz (with air-cooling).
My question is, do you guys think I could keep the system cooler with the water-cooling linked below?

Current cooling:
http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=14&lng=en

Possible cooling:
http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1273&ID=1412

I'm only interested in the water-cooling linked above because I happen to have it laying around at home, removed it while building my current system because it didn't want to bother with all the tubing. :)

richardscott

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
erm i had a kandalf lcs and it sucked ass, really load temps of 60c. for that money tho id recoment a custom loop will give you much better temps. i am trying to sell my kandalf with a custom loop if ure interested.

tryinghard

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2007
I looked a lot on that site but I can't find any info about shipping.
Since I live in sweden companies often want my first born as shipping fee.
The retailers of water cooling here in sweden are almost none.
I so hate it here... -.-

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Ohhh, Sweden...well, I dont know about Int'l shipping, but I personally know their customer support is really good. It is at least worth an email to them about their shipping policies...I bet you would get a fast response.

emyyhh

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
I use a thermaltake bigwater 745 with a northbridge block and my q6600 can run at 4.0Ghz with temps around 40c idle. 24/7 I have it at 3.6Ghz and it idles at about 25c - which i think is pretty nice. So i'd say your water loop should keep you chip at least as cool as your noctua, if not cooler. What chip btw?

emyyhh

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
VID is 1.3125 - so nothing special. To get it superpi stable at 4.0Ghz I had to use about 1.55V, so not a voltage I would want to use for 24/7 use. For 3.6Gz I use 1.35V and it is perfectly stable. The 4.0Ghz was more to see if the chip could manage it.

What do you mean plateau - as in, no matter how much you raised the voltages it wouldn't post higher than 3.7? Or you didn't want to raise the voltages any higher?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Nah, I couldn't get it stable...maybe I need a hair more on my voltage. I wonder if I got closer to 1.4v that I would do better with it...either way, they are cheap to replace if the sucker fries. LOL.