need a good case. does anyone have a good one in mind?

deathrage4life

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
i need help picking out a good case. im going to be putting a aftermarket cooler for the cpu. overclocking so ill need it cool. not a crazy computer enthusiast. i need one from about $50-$70. i dont want the antec 900 btw.
if you shop at newegg try to give me the link. \
THANKS

My current case, which I like, is the COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail, $80
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137

That's a little over your budget, but is really nice. I added a top fan to it, but it probably isn't necessary. You may also like this one:
COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 RC-534-KKN2-GP Black Aluminum & Mesh bezel / SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail, $53
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119106

I've used that one too, but I had to force screws into the holes on the mobo tray to properly tap some of them for the mobo standoffs.

I like the subdued blue glow; it says the machine is on and ready, without being gaudy or ostentatious.

Neither has a side window, but I can see the LED display of my Abit IP35 Pro through the side fan grid easily enough if I need to.

bobbknight

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
To bad the 900 is a great case.
Look for 12cm fans front and back with honey comb pattern for the fan grill, it cuts noise.
For me PSU bottom placement is a plus.
I liked the old Antec super lanboy, have 3, good cooling, and enough drive spots.
Antec support seems to be a cut above the rest when it comes to the customer.

royalcrown

Distinguished
O bought a centurion 523, it's huge and has good ventilation, the buttons are on TOP, and the usb and audio are too, and it comes with a 120mm case fan in front and space for 1 in back; only 55 bucks ! You can actually feel the air get sucked in top to bottom on it w 2 fans !

redfin

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
I am in the same boat as you.. trying to find the cheapest possible components to still make a fast ass computer. The CM690 is just too cool to pass up.. and it is very easy to justify the price because the other towers that are $10-30 cheaper do not come with 2 120mm fans like the CM690 does so you are going to have to spent another $20 on those fans anyways. May as well spend that 20 on the CM690 instead!

I just hope the LED can be disabled.. I really dont understand those things but I guess its cause I keep my computer in my room where I have to sleep with it on sometimes.

LukeBird

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
Another vote for the CM-690.
Great case, masses of slots, ace cooling (my 6000+ on stock cooling idles at 28-31C!!).
I also added one more fan (the same blue LED 1100RPM 21db as fitted to the front) to the top of the case.