Does anyone know the TjMax value for the Q9450?

halcyon

Splendid
I've read a lot of opinions on what the TjMax value is for the 45nm Core 2's. I've read that Core Temp's/Everest's 105C for TjMax on the 45nm is bogus (which is quite believable given all the postings of people saying their new processors are idling in the mid 50's C in Core Temp while the PWM fan on their TRUE coolers are barely running). I've seen that it may be 95C or it may be 85C.

Does anyone actually KNOW what TjMax is for the new 45nm C2D's & C2Q's (any links to intel documentation for articles/whitepapers by industry experts?).

Since I understand that TjMax is used (in a backward sort of way {something like TjMax - the DTS value = the core temp we see in our beloved utilities}) to calculate the temps it'd be nice to have a reliable number.

If this has been posted and my search missed it, my apologies.

Edit: I know RealTemp thinks its 95C. ...but I don't know that's any more correct than CoreTemp or Everest.

halcyon

Splendid
Thanks. I may indeed PM CompuTronix. However, the research that I've seen tells me that the Delta to TjMax is more important than the temps Core Temp, Everest, etc. are showing. So for now I'll rely on that...knowing I've got 30-40C room before my chip throttles is all I think I need to really know, for now, about temps.

monst0r

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2007

Wouldn't you know the TJmax if you knew how much room was left? (just add :p)

e.g.

chips @ 61c. 29c left. TJmax would be 90c

at least that's what i get out of your post :)

CompuTronix

Intel Master

halcyon, you started this thread asking for information, so if that's all you need to know, then I can't help you.

Comp :sol:

halcyon

Splendid

Jag, what mobo are you using...not the one in your sig I imagine.

halcyon

Splendid

You'd think it'd be that straight forward, but I've read that at idle there can be quite a variance on the 45nm chips...as much as like +- 15C...this variance becomes much less pronounced as you approach TjMax...here's some interesting info on it: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=179044