Install Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejb222

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
So this may seem like a silly question, but I'm new and learning...thus leaning on y'all for help.

Is it possible for me to install Windows 8 by mounting the ISO with Daemon Tools in Windows 7. Run the Setup file and assign it to a second hard drive in my PC? I know I should burn to a disc etc...but we have a snow storm right now and I'm not really up to running to the store as I'm out of DVD-Rs. :??:

Solution
No that will not work as Windows will need to reboot at some point to continue the setup but it goes right into the setup and bypasses the Windows boot which would have to happen to remount the virtual drive so you would be stuck with a half loaded OS...

THent

PS You can load it of a USB drive though if you have a 4 gig laying around :) good luck
No that will not work as Windows will need to reboot at some point to continue the setup but it goes right into the setup and bypasses the Windows boot which would have to happen to remount the virtual drive so you would be stuck with a half loaded OS...

THent

PS You can load it of a USB drive though if you have a 4 gig laying around :) good luck

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.