Marvel at this

Marvel has signed with Microsoft to let MS use their characters in an Xbox
360 MMOG. Maybe now they'll go away and quit bothering us.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Shenanigunner: Level 39 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M

"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message
> Marvel has signed with Microsoft to let MS use their characters in an Xbox
> 360 MMOG. Maybe now they'll go away and quit bothering us.

yeah, right....

They're more likley rushing a game out the door before the novelty of
superhero games entirely wears off.

--
John Trauger,
Vorlonagent

"Methane martini.
Shaken, not stirred."

chat: @vorlonagent

Vorlonagent (M), level 30 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
RolIing Thunder (F), Level 25 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
NightfalI (M), Level 18 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
Steel Night (M), Level 18 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
lmpact (F), Level 16 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue

"Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote in message

| "Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message
| > Marvel has signed with Microsoft to let MS use their characters in an
Xbox
| > 360 MMOG. Maybe now they'll go away and quit bothering us.
|
| yeah, right....
|
| They're more likley rushing a game out the door before the novelty of
| superhero games entirely wears off.
|
| --

Yep. And I'll be waiting for the novelty of Superhero comicbooks to
wear off...
...could be in about 75 years...

"George Johnson" <matrix29@voyager.net> wrote in message
> | They're more likley rushing a game out the door before the novelty of
> | superhero games entirely wears off.
> |
> | --
>

> Yep. And I'll be waiting for the novelty of Superhero comicbooks to
> wear off...
> ...could be in about 75 years...

The *novelty* of superhero comics wore off over 50 years agi. maybe 60.

The genre is still *popular* however.

--
John Trauger,
Vorlonagent

"Methane martini.
Shaken, not stirred."

chat: @vorlonagent

Vorlonagent (M), level 30 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
RolIing Thunder (F), Level 25 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
NightfalI (M), Level 18 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
Steel Night (M), Level 18 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
lmpact (F), Level 16 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 17:19:56 -0400, George Johnson
<matrix29@voyager.net> wrote:

> Explain to me where there is a LEGAL "Transfer of Copyright" contract in
> either the Service Contract or the EULA?
> Just because you lack the ability to read basic law, don't assume that I
> am unable to do so as well.

What about the ability to read basic USENET postings?

Twice now, I've posted the words I got from one of America's
pre-eminent IP lawyers, the fellow who argued an IP case before the
Supreme Court. Larry Lessig wrote:

| Thanks for the email. This is a vastly complex question that I
| wouldn't have the time to address in a public forum adequately. The
| short answer is that the EULA isn't really trying to preempt
| intellectual property law. It is instead conditioning access to you
| waiving or licensing your intellectual property. So, like a museum
| that says you have to pay $50 to enter, they're saying you have to
| pay with your IP rights to enter. Some jurisdictions would not
| fully enforce such agreements. But most, I think, would.

Also, note this article from another lawyer about the legality of
click-through EULAs...

http://www.okratas.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=45&mode=nested&order=0&thold=0

I seem to recall the one time you responded directly to it, you didn't
even bother to address any of the points that were raised in it. I
wonder if you even actually *read* it at all. You just reiterated
your old arguments, starting with the words "I'm no legal expert

If you're "no legal expert," perhaps you should leave the
law-interpreting and mouth-frothing to the people who are.

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |
| http://www.terrania.us/conga.html