My Walk In Computer Case

fitz58

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
Walk In Computer Case
I had to do this Wife's orders "Clean it up ,make it look nice or get banished to the attic."
I put the computers in the closet,made a horizontal base out of plexiglass(I got from dumpster diving,
in fact all the desk wood is recyled stuff).The size is 28"Long X 48" High X 12" Wide,it holds 2 motherboards, 6 HDDs, 3 power supplies (1 just powers the fans), 8 fans, a modem, and a router.With this all open and MB's in horiz. the heat pipes I have cooling are much more efficient.Air is supplied to the closet through a 3" hole in the floor w/ 80mm Tornado fan that has 3"flex duct pipe leading to basement Oil tank room(very cool Temp there).Air is then vented out through 4" hole in outside wall w/120mm fan w/ dryer duct vent on outside. Wires then go through wall to desk.
Yes all wires are loose,If I zip up all the wires I'll have to cut them every time I change something(I'm the kind of guy who can't leave well enough alone). I made this for two reasons to get rid of the fan noise and so I can have very easy access to all components.Cabinet in the middle holds 3 optical drives,and monitoring access panel.
The monitor on the left is basically a NEC MultiSync LCD1970NX(New cost $450 USD).That I purchased in parts from Ebay and built myself.
I got the Lcd screen 1st new $42 shipped, next the OSD board $12 shipped,then the Inverter board & the controller board $32 shipped. It took some bit of research to find the schematics for, but possible.I made a basic stand out of plexglas and attached the boards to the back(Osd & computer power controls are glued to the bottom of the frame).
This model has an auxiliary USB hook up,which means by connecting 1 line in USB I get 4 out. I then made wooden cabinets to put both monitors in, also stuck my speakers behind it inside the cabinet(Just to make it neat & complete).Another great thing about this model is you can plug 2 different sources of video into it (got a feed of the TV).So all together homemade monitor cost me only $101 USD!!!

WalkinCase.jpg

1:
TForce 965PT
Pentium D 935 3666 gHz (16 x 221) w/ScytheNinja 120mm fan
CPU 82F(28c) GPU 95F(35c)
Transcend 4GB PC2-6400 5-5-5-15 2t
ATI Radeon X850 XT
HDrive - ST3320620AS (298 GB)(SATA2)
TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M
585W Orion PSU
2:
AthlonXP 3000+2.6 ghz(10.5x219) w/Silent Tower 120mm fan
CPU 84F(30c) GPU 95F(35c)
SY-KT880 Dragon 2 v2.0
Elixor PC3200 2/512,2/256mb
Saphire 9600 256mb
HDrive WDC WD1200JB-00DUA0 (111 GB, IDE)
HDrive WDC WD800JB-00ETA0 (74 GB, IDE)
HDrive Maxtor 5 T040H4 SCSI Disk Device (40 GB,IDE)
SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-348B
TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B
585W Orion PSU

fitz58

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
Just did a little research on you"Badge". You have a very good system,as mine is not up to par with yours I suppose that dose give you the right to put down mine, and I also see you are older and more experienced then me.
This considered you again have the right to criticize my work and I should listen and follow your instruction.
So if you would be so kind dear sir enlighten me with your vast knowledge.

Fitz58 wrote:
Just did a little research on you"Badge" I stumbled on the search button /fixed. You have a very good system and subconsciously like a two year old I am a little jealous /fixed. as mine is not up to par with yours I suppose that dose give you the right to put down mine despite the fact mine is hammered sideways onto my closet wall /fixed. and I also see you are older and more experienced then me, so I'll try the link you provided below /fixed. This considered you again have the right to criticize my work and I should listen and follow your instruction so I never build another computer on my closet wall again /fixed. So if you would be so kind dear sir enlighten me with your vast knowledge, because it took me four hours to write this and I'm out of ideas for upgrading my closet any further /fixed.

http://www.answermejesus.com/ask.asp