Is my shipping scaring away customers?

I started buying parts computers not too long ago, which i build up then sell on my website through Paypal. I have been listing on Craigslist currently, and i do get some interested emails about some of them, but it seems that as soon as i mention shipping, i don't hear from them again. I have to charge about $53 for shipping a computer, mainly due to its weight and overall shipping weight can go up to 35 pounds. I don't have a storefront, and most people live too far away to meet up somewhere, so what can i do to sell these? Is $53 too much for shipping? What are your opinions? Thanks

Here's my website if you want to take a look: www.mkstudios.comxa.com/inventory
4 answers Last reply
More about shipping scaring customers
  1. If you are talking about your dell optiplexes, then yes. 50 dollars is one fifth of the price, and if someone is buying a cheap PC like that, they don't want to pay too much. (in my opinion) Though i do understand that shipping does get expensive when shipping something so heavy. You will have to find a way to lower that... Good luck!
  2. Yea i wish i could lower the price. Like i look on ebay and i see sellers saying free shipping for a huge computer, i don't know how they do it. Maybe it's because they have real business accounts where they ship so much a month, who knows. But unless i have a store, this is going to be hard selling.
  3. Maybe you could offer pick up? Though i doubt people would drive to far.
  4. Blue_Toaster said:
    Maybe you could offer pick up? Though i doubt people would drive to far.

I did used to offer pickup, but 1, i don't want people to come to my house who I didn't know but I was open to a meeting place. 2, most people who have contacted me about them have been pretty far away and most scammers unfortunately.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computer Shops