Sign in with
Your question

Keyboard and mouse stopped working

Last response: in Windows Vista
May 17, 2012 6:46:24 AM

So im not running anything on my pc and step away for about a hour and when I come back I notice my mouse (g500) and keyboard (@#$% logitech) have no power. Tried booting in safe mode didn't matter computer doesn't even act like I plugged it in any USB port. Doesn't even show in device manager. I installed a sound blaster audigy se 7.1 sound card yesterday and everything worked fine all day and night and most of today so I didn't think that was the issue but just to check I uninstalled the card and drivers...no change.. I'm on @#$% vista so I did a system restore to when it worked...still doesn't. Mouse and keyboard work fine on another pc. I assumed something with my USB ports.. Tried plugging my phone charger into it to check and see if it worked and it worked in every USB slot. Tried a @#$% logitech mouse and it gets power but doesn't work. Managed to find a old ps2 keyboard to navigate somewhat through the pc but don't have a old mouse...Any ideas on the problem? Here's my pc specs tried putting drivers on a USB drive from another computer. Doesnt see the USB stick..
if needed.. (have a 400w psu and 8600gts graphics card)
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en...
May 17, 2012 5:43:13 PM

Smig said:
So im not running anything on my pc and step away for about a hour and when I come back I notice my mouse (g500) and keyboard (@#$% logitech) have no power. Tried booting in safe mode didn't matter computer doesn't even act like I plugged it in any USB port. Doesn't even show in device manager. I installed a sound blaster audigy se 7.1 sound card yesterday and everything worked fine all day and night and most of today so I didn't think that was the issue but just to check I uninstalled the card and drivers...no change.. I'm on @#$% vista so I did a system restore to when it worked...still doesn't. Mouse and keyboard work fine on another pc. I assumed something with my USB ports.. Tried plugging my phone charger into it to check and see if it worked and it worked in every USB slot. Tried a @#$% logitech mouse and it gets power but doesn't work. Managed to find a old ps2 keyboard to navigate somewhat through the pc but don't have a old mouse...Any ideas on the problem? Here's my pc specs tried putting drivers on a USB drive from another computer. Doesnt see the USB stick..
if needed.. (have a 400w psu and 8600gts graphics card)
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en...

1 - Try unplugging completely from power outlet, wait a few secs.
(Someone said this actually worked for them, not my personal experience)

2 - DeviceManager: Expand the USB Controller. Right click each HUB and scan for new hardware.

Hope something is of use !
m
l
May 17, 2012 6:57:24 PM

Tried that also same results. Also tried deleting the USB root hubs and a restart to let them be found no change.
m
l
Related resources
May 18, 2012 1:40:55 AM

Tried downloading newest bios for my motherboard on hps site. Got this message on restart "Default BIOS settings have been loaded due to BIOS or checksum issue" any ideas
m
l
May 22, 2012 1:58:43 AM

Bios is fine also I tried a USB to ps/2 adapter for the mouse and keyboard and they still do not work. I have no clu what it coul be but it only seems to be a problem with the mouse and keyboard
m
l
!