While on the net last night my desktop screen flashed once, returned to
the desktop then went into restart mode. However, it will not complete
the restart process, but keeps starting over. I am unable to interrupt
the restart process with ESC or F8 or F9...it briefly stops on a b/w
screen offering some options, including SAFE mode, etc, but will not
respond to any selection I make.
Any help would be appreciated.

--
Doug

Hi

If none of those options - including 'Last Known Good Configuration' - gives
you access to Windows, you can try a 'Repair' install of XP. Please have a
look at the following article by Michael Stevens:

"How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups