"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:a4ldt05qvc381vkmtudgns3u0vq8aka3ag@4ax.com...
> It's 2005 and I'm still writing 2004 on all my checks. Or cheques, if
> you prefer.
>
> --
> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--

another year of unemployment for me: :(

haha i am just so rich.

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 18:35:45 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
<spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> It's 2005 and I'm still writing 2004 on all my checks. Or cheques, if
>> you prefer.
>>
>> --
>> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
>
>another year of unemployment for me: :(
>
>haha i am just so rich.

Yeah, same here for me. Going into my 4th month without work in my
field. I've been doing odd jobs here and there, helped paint a
house... stuff like that.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

> On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 18:35:45 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
> <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>

>>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> It's 2005 and I'm still writing 2004 on all my checks. Or cheques, if
>>> you prefer.
>>>
>>> --
>>> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
>>
>>another year of unemployment for me: :(
>>
>>haha i am just so rich.
>>

> Yeah, same here for me. Going into my 4th month without work in my
> field. I've been doing odd jobs here and there, helped paint a
> house... stuff like that.
>
> --
> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--

oh dear. i hear piano tuners are in demand.

even if you don't know how a piano sounds no-one will really notice.

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 15:27:44 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
<spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 18:35:45 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
>> <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>another year of unemployment for me: :(
>>>
>>>haha i am just so rich.
>>>

>> Yeah, same here for me. Going into my 4th month without work in my
>> field. I've been doing odd jobs here and there, helped paint a
>> house... stuff like that.
>>
>> --
>> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
>
>oh dear. i hear piano tuners are in demand.
>
>even if you don't know how a piano sounds no-one will really notice.

DOH! Re me fa so la ti do.

Ah, perfect pitch. Now if I could only tune-a-fish.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

schrodinger

"Adrian Ng" <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> "Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 18:35:45 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
>> <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>another year of unemployment for me: :(
>>>
>>>haha i am just so rich.
>>>

>> Yeah, same here for me. Going into my 4th month without work in my
>> field. I've been doing odd jobs here and there, helped paint a
>> house... stuff like that.
>>
>> --
>> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
>
> oh dear. i hear piano tuners are in demand.
>
> even if you don't know how a piano sounds no-one will really notice.

I know this mustn't be the case, but that always struck me as an easy job.

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 17:44:16 GMT, "Schrodinger" <no@way.com> wrote:

>"Adrian Ng" <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Yeah, same here for me. Going into my 4th month without work in my
>>> field. I've been doing odd jobs here and there, helped paint a
>>> house... stuff like that.
>>>
>>> --
>>> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
>>
>> oh dear. i hear piano tuners are in demand.
>>
>> even if you don't know how a piano sounds no-one will really notice.
>
>I know this mustn't be the case, but that always struck me as an easy job.

Reminds me of a bad pun-joke my Father-in-law told me about the
greatest piano tuner in the world. Benito Oppernockety! But if your
piano falls out of tune, he won't retune it. Because...

Oppernockety only tunes once.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

"Schrodinger" <no@way.com> wrote in message
> "Adrian Ng" <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Yeah, same here for me. Going into my 4th month without work in my
>>> field. I've been doing odd jobs here and there, helped paint a
>>> house... stuff like that.
>>>
>>> --
>>> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
>>
>> oh dear. i hear piano tuners are in demand.
>>
>> even if you don't know how a piano sounds no-one will really notice.
>
> I know this mustn't be the case, but that always struck me as an easy job.

It's a job even a blind person can do.

Cos my school's piano's tuner was blind.

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:23:54 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
<spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>"Schrodinger" <no@way.com> wrote in message
>> "Adrian Ng" <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> oh dear. i hear piano tuners are in demand.
>>>
>>> even if you don't know how a piano sounds no-one will really notice.
>>
>> I know this mustn't be the case, but that always struck me as an easy job.
>>

>It's a job even a blind person can do.
>
>Cos my school's piano's tuner was blind.

Psh! That's nothing. Now, if he had been DEAF I'd be impressed!

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
<snip>
> Reminds me of a bad pun-joke my Father-in-law told me about the
> greatest piano tuner in the world. Benito Oppernockety! But if your
> piano falls out of tune, he won't retune it. Because...
>
> Oppernockety only tunes once.

*groan* you're right, that is bad.

Ratz2010 wrote:

> "Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> <snip>
>
>>Reminds me of a bad pun-joke my Father-in-law told me about the
>>greatest piano tuner in the world. Benito Oppernockety! But if your
>>piano falls out of tune, he won't retune it. Because...
>>
>>Oppernockety only tunes once.
>
> *groan* you're right, that is bad.

Indeed. I'd shoot the bastard, and hang the marital strife.

Naturally, I shall have to repeat this at some point.

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 22:46:30 +0100, Frank van Schie
<frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:

>Ratz2010 wrote:
>
>> "Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> <snip>
>>
>>>Reminds me of a bad pun-joke my Father-in-law told me about the
>>>greatest piano tuner in the world. Benito Oppernockety! But if your
>>>piano falls out of tune, he won't retune it. Because...
>>>
>>>Oppernockety only tunes once.
>>
>> *groan* you're right, that is bad.
>
>Indeed. I'd shoot the bastard, and hang the marital strife.
>
>Naturally, I shall have to repeat this at some point.

In order to enhance the groan-factor, when repeating it, you have to
embellish it with all kinds of extraneous detail, making it all the
worse as a horrible waste of time for the listener.

Something like a world famous pianist is about to play the largest
concert of their career...blah blah blah... can't find a tuner... a
maid recommends Benito...etc., etc.... just drag it out.

The longer, the better. Makes the anguish in their face all the more
palpable.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

schrodinger

"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 17:44:16 GMT, "Schrodinger" <no@way.com> wrote:
>
>>"Adrian Ng" <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> oh dear. i hear piano tuners are in demand.
>>>
>>> even if you don't know how a piano sounds no-one will really notice.
>>
>>I know this mustn't be the case, but that always struck me as an easy job.
>>

> Reminds me of a bad pun-joke my Father-in-law told me about the
> greatest piano tuner in the world. Benito Oppernockety! But if your
> piano falls out of tune, he won't retune it. Because...
>
> Oppernockety only tunes once.
>
> --
> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--

I am going to have to bill you for the services of a psychiatrist to council
me until this joke has been expunged from my mind.

This is possibly one of the worst jokes ever told and as such contravenes
the Human Rights Act in much the same way as other things which contravene
this act do.

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 00:08:04 GMT, "Schrodinger" <no@way.com> wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 17:44:16 GMT, "Schrodinger" <no@way.com> wrote:
>>
>>>"Adrian Ng" <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

>>>I know this mustn't be the case, but that always struck me as an easy job.
>>>

>> Reminds me of a bad pun-joke my Father-in-law told me about the
>> greatest piano tuner in the world. Benito Oppernockety! But if your
>> piano falls out of tune, he won't retune it. Because...
>>
>> Oppernockety only tunes once.
>>
>> --
>> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
>
>I am going to have to bill you for the services of a psychiatrist to council
>me until this joke has been expunged from my mind.
>
>This is possibly one of the worst jokes ever told and as such contravenes
>the Human Rights Act in much the same way as other things which contravene
>this act do.

Put it on my tab!

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 15:27:44 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
> <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>

>>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Yeah, same here for me. Going into my 4th month without work in my
>>> field. I've been doing odd jobs here and there, helped paint a
>>> house... stuff like that.
>>>
>>> --
>>> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
>>
>>oh dear. i hear piano tuners are in demand.
>>
>>even if you don't know how a piano sounds no-one will really notice.
>>

> DOH! Re me fa so la ti do.
>
> Ah, perfect pitch. Now if I could only tune-a-fish.
>
> --
> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--

These jokes are awesome!

"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 18:35:45 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
> <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>

> >"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> It's 2005 and I'm still writing 2004 on all my checks. Or cheques, if
> >> you prefer.
> >>
> >> --
> >> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
> >
> >another year of unemployment for me: :(
> >
> >haha i am just so rich.
> >

> Yeah, same here for me. Going into my 4th month without work in my
> field. I've been doing odd jobs here and there, helped paint a
> house... stuff like that.
>
> --
> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--

We should make a club. I haven't worked in my field since Oct. 2003. I have
been fixing people's computers in their homes (mostly removing spyware and
adware). Not really making a living at it though.

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 20:31:39 -0500, "Andy Smith"
<andyPLZNOSPAMgwen@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 18:35:45 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
>> <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>>

>> >"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> >another year of unemployment for me: :(
>> >
>> >haha i am just so rich.
>> >

>> Yeah, same here for me. Going into my 4th month without work in my
>> field. I've been doing odd jobs here and there, helped paint a
>> house... stuff like that.
>>
>> --
>> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
>
>We should make a club. I haven't worked in my field since Oct. 2003. I have
>been fixing people's computers in their homes (mostly removing spyware and
>adware). Not really making a living at it though.

Funny you should say that! I've been doing much the same thing. Just
put a decal advertising my services on the back window of my car.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

> On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 20:31:39 -0500, "Andy Smith"
> <andyPLZNOSPAMgwen@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

> >"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Yeah, same here for me. Going into my 4th month without work in my
> >> field. I've been doing odd jobs here and there, helped paint a
> >> house... stuff like that.
> >>
> >> --
> >> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
> >
> >We should make a club. I haven't worked in my field since Oct. 2003. I
have
> >been fixing people's computers in their homes (mostly removing spyware
and
> >adware). Not really making a living at it though.
> >

> Funny you should say that! I've been doing much the same thing. Just
> put a decal advertising my services on the back window of my car.
>
> --
> --==< S m e g h e a d >==--

I printed some business cards at home and printed flyers (postcards) and put
them on mailboxes. I covered all the "3 car garage" neighborhoods near my
house. At first I was getting about 1 call per 100 cards but the last 500
cards got me squat.

Now we have the Geek Squad and Geeks on Call both advertising on TV here.
Costs about $55,000 to get a Geeks on Call franchise. I wonder if they're
covering their advertising costs. Not that the return is bad. I've done a
couple of calls for $50, but most have paid way more.

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

Smeghead wrote:
> It's 2005 and I'm still writing 2004 on all my checks. Or cheques, if
> you prefer.

You write che(ck)(que)s still?

--
Troy

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 22:49:56 -0800, Troy <gimmespam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Smeghead wrote:
>> It's 2005 and I'm still writing 2004 on all my checks. Or cheques, if
>> you prefer.
>
>You write che(ck)(que)s still?

No.

--