q9450 with what?

Hi,
about to get my new build - just one question: i'm getting the q9450, any ideas what MB to get with it...
I'm thinking Gigabyte GA P35-DS4. I'll be doing some overclocking....
cheers
4 answers Last reply
More about q9450 what
  1. Just got my Asus Rampage for my Q9450. Haven't tested it out yet, still waiting for the heatsink to arrive... perhaps later today.
  2. I've had a Q9450 on an Asus Rampage Formula (X48) for 2 weeks. Performs well, overclock so easy...a caveman could do it. Coolers? I've used my Zalman 9700NT, Xigmatek S1283, and finally a TRUE. If you don't want to spend the ~$300US for a Rampage consider the Asus Maximus Formula (X38) for $200-$250.
  3. halcyon said:
    I've had a Q9450 on an Asus Rampage Formula (X48) for 2 weeks. Performs well, overclock so easy...a caveman could do it. Coolers? I've used my Zalman 9700NT, Xigmatek S1283, and finally a TRUE. If you don't want to spend the ~$300US for a Rampage consider the Asus Maximus Formula (X38) for $200-$250.

How does the Zalman 9700NT fit on the Rampage Formula? does it interfer with the mobo heatsink or is it just a tight fit??
  4. col-p-todd said:
    How does the Zalman 9700NT fit on the Rampage Formula? does it interfer with the mobo heatsink or is it just a tight fit??

It fits fine on the Rampage, easily, with room to spare.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Gigabyte New Build