jamsid

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2008
Hey guys need some help... I build my new PC early this month.
Spec is....

Intel DP35DP mainboard
Intel E6750 2.66Ghz
Kingston 1Gbx2 800Mhz
Hitachi 160GB SATA
8600GT 512MB Inno3D

I was using a local casing that comes with a power supplier(it says 450W but local PSU don't doit as it says)

yesterday i power on my PC but it didn't turn on so i unplug all the cabels and just plugged the power cable only. When i try to turn on the PC again my 8600GT card caught fire.

I'm not using a UPS or a power stabilizer to my PC it's connected directly to the main power. Does this has to do any thing with the burn.

If any one can give me a solution to this matter it would be really helpful for me.

jamsid..

4745454b

Titan
Solution to this matter? Are you asking what to do with the 8600GT that caught on fire? (garbage heap comes to mind...) Tear everything apart and look for burn marks. (look at the PSU and motherboard really well.) Replace anything that needs to be replaced. I'm guessing that will include the 8600GT. (might want to replace the PSU to.) When you put it back together, make sure the motherboard standoffs are in the right places with no extras.

randomizer

Champion
Your card caught fire?! :heink:

Well unless you can find what burned and are good with soldering, returning the card is all you can do. I don't use a UPS either, I just have a $20 surgeboard but it hasn't let me down. I'd look at replacing that power supply and/or getting your home wiring checked if I were you. There was some serious electrical fault along the lines somewhere.

slickjr169

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2008
It sounds like the powersupply that came with that case got toasted and the end result it cost you your graphics card. I almost never use the power supply that comes with a case (with the exception of the antec cases); usually the power supplies that come with cases are cheap and garbage. As the saying goes " you get what you pay for".

If possible can you post the maker of the power supply and the amperage on the +12 volt railes.