Sign in with
Your question

Windows vista internet explorer hanging

Last response: in Windows Vista
May 18, 2012 5:46:00 PM

I have Vista. When I try to launch my ie nothing starts or happens. Where did it go? :pt1cable:  My conection to internet is good and it happened without warning. Yes, I can see the icon. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks, Laura M.
May 18, 2012 6:03:42 PM

lauramurfee said:
I have Vista. When I try to launch my ie nothing starts or happens. Where did it go? :pt1cable:  My conection to internet is good and it happened without warning. Yes, I can see the icon. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks, Laura M.

Look in program files for ieplore.exe and drag it to your desktop, or right click the icon and send to desktop (Create new Shortcut). Delete the old shortcut from desktop.
m
l
May 25, 2012 12:55:30 AM

ksiemb said:
Look in program files for ieplore.exe and drag it to your desktop, or right click the icon and send to desktop (Create new Shortcut). Delete the old shortcut from desktop.

Thanks for getting back to me. Okay, I tried this and when I right clicked iexplore.exe I get the message that file not found. I than get message exception:0xC0000005@address:0x0000FFFF:ACCESS VIOLATION 1: 08/02/10 21:46:14

I cannot get online to download it again due to not having a browser window. Thanks again for any help.
m
l
May 25, 2012 8:33:46 AM

lauramurfee said:
Thanks for getting back to me. Okay, I tried this and when I right clicked iexplore.exe I get the message that file not found. I than get message exception:0xC0000005@address:0x0000FFFF:ACCESS VIOLATION 1: 08/02/10 21:46:14

I cannot get online to download it again due to not having a browser window. Thanks again for any help.

Did you drag it to the desktop ? Also, is it on your start menu where you can execute it from ? You could always download IE to flash drive on computer you are using for these posts, then install on problem computer.
m
l
!