ati driver (install package failure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhyukkang

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2007
i just installed win vista home pre on my pc, (you can go into my hardware info and check my spec, it is pc2)

and im done with installing mobo drivers, and now im trying to install catalyst, and im keep getting same message.

(install package failure)

in the middle of installing catalyst controll center
i tried 8.3 7.11 7.8 , and all same message.
i installed one and got error, uninstalled it, and installed other version, and got error, ..... i tried more than 4times i believe, i cant do this anymore. can anybody help me??

jhyukkang

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2007
are you still there?? i got another error from driversweeper.
i uninstalled driver, and ran sweeper
it says

cannot create file "C-program files-driver sweeper-logs-4-12-2008-7-15-06 PM.txxt".

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

That's strange. I suppose if it's only a log file, then it doesn't matter. But are you logged on as administrator? If not, relog on. You need it for driver installation.

jhyukkang

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2007
yes i did, i reboot after sweep, before reinstalling drivers
what is user access control?

im using windows vista home premium K
i think this is different version from normal Home Pre

cappster

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
try uninstalling and reinstalling .net framework 2.0. I had a similar problem where I thought there was something wrong with the catalyst driver, but it turned out to be in the framework. uninstall ati driver/catalyst control center>reboot>uninstall framework 2.0> reboot>reinstall framewrok 3.0>reinstall ati CCC and driver.

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

That shouldn't be it. I linked a direct download version of Catalyst, and he had the same problem running it.

G

I am having the exact same problem, ever get anywhere?

Did n't see this when it was first posted but I had a similar problem and it was related to the .NET software.
Check you have it installed and you have version 2.0 or above, if not uninstall what you have and download and install 2.0 from Micro$oft.

danems

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009

I have .NET software installed and I'm still unable to install the software for the 4830. Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.