Sign in with
Your question

CMI8738 Driver

Last response: in Windows Vista
May 19, 2012 6:30:34 AM

Hello!

I'm looking for a CMI8738 driver for Vista, but haven't managed to find one. Any help?

Regards,
theEstonian

More about : cmi8738 driver

May 19, 2012 9:10:00 AM

Yeah, thanks! Any idea why you can't download anything from their website without logging in (whereas registering seems to be impossible?)?
Related resources
a b \ Driver
May 19, 2012 10:11:38 AM

theestonian said:
Yeah, thanks! Any idea why you can't download anything from their website without logging in (whereas registering seems to be impossible?)?

Do not know. But the card is manufactured by c-media. You have to join their site also. I have never used them, but here is the link.
http://www.cmedia.com.tw/en/DownloadCenter_Detail2.aspx

If you are unable to get the driver, you can try this, but it may take you back to c-media site, or give you other sites and hopefully not those phony driver sites !:

If you go in device manager, (for whichever device you need driver for)
Right click properties for the device, go in details for the device driver.
You will see a code like per example VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS...

The VEN code means vendor and the DEV code means device: in this case the vendor is 8086 and the device is 27D8.

Once you have the two codes, go to www.pcidatabase.com.
Enter the two codes and you should get the name of your hardware. From there you can search for a driver download for your hardware.

May 19, 2012 3:47:21 PM

Hm I couldn't find it, all I see is this:
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/5795/pictureeq.jpg

Anyway my sound's working at the moment, although not in 1 certain game and I'm quite sure it's not the game's problem. A friend of mine had the same "cracky sound" problem ingame and he let the Microsoft people or whoever somehow adjust the settings of his newly installed Windows and hardware (same case as mine) through Teamviewer and that fixed the problem.
Anyway thanks for the help.
!