Asus G50VT-A2 T9600

boxerboi187

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
hey guys, im in need of some help. I just recently revieved my Asus G50Vt-A2 yesterday from Lynnbay.com MODEL: Asus G50Vt-A2CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 @ 2.8GHz, 6MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSBMEMORY: 4GB PC2-6400/800MHz DDR2 - 2 DIMMGPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS w/512MB DDR3HARD DRIVE: 2X320GB SATA-300 @ 7200RPMOS: Windows Vista Home Premium Edition 64bitsMy problem is when I play Microsoft Flight Simulator X, I put it at Highest settings for all catergories and play it fine for 10 to 15 minutes then out of nowhere the screen freezes and audio stutters for 5 seconds and then it goes to a blue screen which says something like "if you are seeing this there is probably a problem with your newly installed hardware." Then that blue screen goes away after 15 seconds and takes me to a black screen which gives me three options to restart in safe mode. It has crashed like this while playing MFSX twice already while in Turbo overclock mode from the direct console. When I play it in normal mode once in a while you hear some audio stuttering for a few seconds but it goes away and I continue playing for however long I want. I downloaded the Prime95 application and tested the computer in turbo overclock mode under the blended test and it had no problems, I let it test for 40 minutes. During that time I noted from the speedFan application show that the cores were at 79 and 80 celcius. After that I tested again in Prime95 but in the benchmark mode. This is where after a minute or two of starting the test my laptop completely crashed and resarted straight to the black screen with the safemode options.  I then again ran Prime95 in benchmark mode but this time in normal clock speed instead of Turbo overclock and it completed the test and didnt crash. What I want to know is, what is going on with my laptop? is my processor too fast for this laptop because in turbo overclock mode it jumps from 2.8GHz to 3.1Ghz as read from CPU-ID. Could it be that the reseller I got the laptop from didnt install the CPU correctly? I also did that windows experience base index score thingy and my base score is a 5.6 while running in turbo overclock mode. 5.9 for memory, 5.9 for graphics, 5.8 gaming graphics, 5.8 disk data transfer rate. With those scores wouldnt it be perfect for running high end games without crashing??? if anybody out there can help me that would be awesome. what do I have to do to get it to stop crashing?