Intel DP35DP BIOS?

afro_thunder

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
I'm trying to OC my C2D E6750 from 2.66 to about 3.2. I've read in a lot of places that it's stable at that speed. My question is about the BIOS in my MOBO. There are no settings (that i can find) in the BIOS to change voltages in the CPU and Memory.

My second question is about my RAM. I currently have 3x1GB Crucial 667 sticks. Will I still be able to use them? Also in my BIOS, will I have to set the RAM speed from 667 to 1333 since it's dual channel? Do I just let the board do this automatically?

I've been doing some research and the only thing I've done so far is get a hold of CPU-Z. Please help.

Thanks

afro_thunder

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Thanks for the welcome and the reply!

Would you also be able to help with the first question? I'm not seeing anything in the bios on this board to help raise voltages, etc. I feel like I should just go buy an ASUS or XFX board that supports higher bus speeds. This board max. is 1333 and my CPU comes stock rated at 1333, does this mean I'm up without a paddle?

afro_thunder

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Thats what I heard. I was a repair tech and builder at shop here in town for a while, which is where I got most of my hardware. His policy was to not overclock because he wouldn't slap a warranty on it. Long story short, I wouldn't doubt the Intel boards don't allow OC'ing. Thanks for the help guys.