Enabling cookies

I'm trying to view a grocery store ad on their website. I can't see the ad.
When I ask for help from the grocery store tech support I get an automated
response that says that it appears that I don't have cookies enabled. However
when I look in the cookies folder there are literally several hundred there.
What am I doing wrong, or what do I need to do differently?
--
Ellen in Spring
2 answers Last reply

    Ellen wrote:

    > I'm trying to view a grocery store ad on their website. I can't see
    > the ad. When I ask for help from the grocery store tech support I get
    > an automated response that says that it appears that I don't have
    > cookies enabled. However when I look in the cookies folder there are
    > literally several hundred there. What am I doing wrong, or what do I
    > need to do differently?

    It sounds like you have some sort of ad blocking software enabled. Since
    you didn't tell us the url of the grocery store site or anything about
    your Internet connection, that's as specific as I can get. Look and see
    what kind of Internet protection you have running on your computer and
    then look in its options.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    "Ellen" <esanders@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to view a grocery store ad on their website. I can't see
    > the ad. When I ask for help from the grocery store tech support I get
    > an automated response that says that it appears that I don't have
    > cookies enabled. However when I look in the cookies folder there are
    > literally several hundred there. What am I doing wrong, or what do I
    > need to do differently?

    Web Site Reports That You Must Enable Cookies
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299331

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com