Sign in with
Your question

User Profile Service not functioning

Last response: in Windows Vista
May 19, 2012 11:12:30 PM

I replaced the mobo with an identical mobo. The desktop booted Vista Home Premium from the existing hard drive. However it stopped at the Login, as the " User Profile Service was not functioning". I never use a password and this means that when the computer sleeps I just hit enter and I have access to my desktop and apps.

Could it be that the replaced motherboard while identical has a distinct identity from the original factory installed one
The reason I suspect is because my name is under the icon. Is this a license issue? being limited to the motherboard this HP Media Center m7760n desktop.

I do not have any boot DVD's or images etc. Is there a boot file that is preventing Vista from recognizing me?

I have never opened a desktop leave along replaced the power supply, the motherboard and cleaned the CPU and replaced the thermal compound. This seems the last roadblock, that caught me by surprise.

Thanks for any tips to get past this.
a b 8 Security
May 24, 2012 12:52:06 PM

goodgenie4u said:
I replaced the mobo with an identical mobo. The desktop booted Vista Home Premium from the existing hard drive. However it stopped at the Login, as the " User Profile Service was not functioning". I never use a password and this means that when the computer sleeps I just hit enter and I have access to my desktop and appsThis also means your risk factor while online has jumped exponentially if no password is on your admin account

Could it be that the replaced motherboard while identical has a distinct identity from the original factory installed one Yes
The reason I suspect is because my name is under the icon. Is this a license issue? being limited to the motherboard this HP Media Center m7760n desktop.

I do not have any boot DVD's or images etc. Is there a boot file that is preventing Vista from recognizing me?

I have never opened a desktop leave along replaced the power supply, the motherboard and cleaned the CPU and replaced the thermal compound. This seems the last roadblock, that caught me by surprise.

Thanks for any tips to get past this.

Windows is not "hot swapped" to new MOBO" But Are you able to create an identical profile[? Also the security identifier is probably different - have a look at this /b]
https://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/130095-user-profile-...

m
l
Related resources
!